Car and Driver Rips New Silverado 1500

I read it and they were harsh. But part of me doesn't care since they only test the lux trucks I'll never buy and don't really care about. Every journalist has been wetting themselves over that giant screen in the Ram but I hate having the screen for everything. I think Chrysler has the best infotainment out there but I'd stop with their 8" screen because I want full, physical controls for the climate control. You have some on that giant screen but they're all around the perimeter and I just don't like it. These journalists drive them for like a week and have no idea what they're actually like to live with. Nevermind that YouTube is full of videos of that giant screen crapping out.

GM has done a lot to make me not be super enthusiastic about the new trucks but I fail to see where inside the Ford is any better. Ram does beat the snot out of both for interiors. Can't argue that.

Set a cap of MSRP around $45k and test the trucks normal people buy. 

GM won't respond. To make changes would take years. 

9 minutes ago, MikeNH said:

I read it and they were harsh. But part of me doesn't care since they only test the lux trucks I'll never buy and don't really care about. Every journalist has been wetting themselves over that giant screen in the Ram but I hate having the screen for everything. I think Chrysler has the best infotainment out there but I'd stop with their 8" screen because I want full, physical controls for the climate control. You have some on that giant screen but they're all around the perimeter and I just don't like it. These journalists drive them for like a week and have no idea what they're actually like to live with. Nevermind that YouTube is full of videos of that giant screen crapping out.

GM has done a lot to make me not be super enthusiastic about the new trucks but I fail to see where inside the Ford is any better. Ram does beat the snot out of both for interiors. Can't argue that.

Still doesn't change the driving dynamic though

I don't buy new vehicles so I don't care what the hype is, and if you think they really give a hoot about the public's desires keep in mind they sell a lot of trucks anyway. 

They all sell lots of trucks.

:)

Sad thing is 45k MSRP is what a basic LT 4WD nowadays? Around this area it is. I can get a loaded up Laramie, with everything I want for 45k. GM needs to step up on the discounts. Have yet to see a 2019 Chevy/GMC on the streets...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, dave07 said:

Sad thing is 45k MSRP is what a basic LT 4WD nowadays? Around this area it is. I can get a loaded up Laramie, with everything I want for 45k. GM needs to step up on the discounts. Have yet to see a 2019 Chevy/GMC on the streets...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the idea. I'm using MSRP as a baseline but MSRP on trucks is meaningless. A $45k MSRP should easily be $35-37k after discounts and I think that's where a lot of people are shopping. They all sell tons of leather-lined barges but those hold none of my interest. That price point should get you an LT Chevy, Big Horn Ram, XLT F-150, etc with a few options. 

I'm sorry guys. It's all  my fault, I've been driving Nissans for years and am just in the process of ordering a 19 LT Trailboss loaded. As a matter of fact the dealer has given me one to use for the weekend and I couldn't be happier.  As a general rule everything I get into takes a shit as soon as I commit to. it. For years my Titan was shit on by the magazines but I loved it. For what it matters, Car and Driver can kiss my ass.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Ultra54 said:

I'm sorry guys. It's all  my fault, I've been driving Nissans for years and am just in the process of ordering a 19 LT Trailboss loaded. As a matter of fact the dealer has given me one to use for the weekend and I couldn't be happier.  As a general rule everything I get into takes a shit as soon as I commit to. it. For years my Titan was shit on by the magazines but I loved it. For what it matters, Car and Driver can kiss my ass.

I'll second that last sentence.

• Like 4

Car and Driver has regularly trashed most GM products for all of the 25 years I’ve been reading it. They could have at least used a Denali to make it a little more “fair”. I think most people skip right over the High Country...at least around here...

• Like 1