Car and Driver Rips New Silverado 1500

14 minutes ago, O_J_Simpson said:

Ouch!

"This truck shakes and vibrates so much that, bombing down a rough road, we expected to get a call from OnStar asking if we'd been in an accident."

Hah...funny you should say that.  OnStar thought this Corvette was crashing...but it wasn't.

https://www.motor1.com/news/298934/corvette-zr1-driven-hard-calls-onstar/

2 hours ago, O_J_Simpson said:

Ouch!

"This truck shakes and vibrates so much that, bombing down a rough road, we expected to get a call from OnStar asking if we'd been in an accident."

Maybe they were really in a Colorado?  I continue to confuse the two pickups with their short beds :)

6 hours ago, O_J_Simpson said:

Ouch!

Ouch? You mean this?    One logbook note called the Chevy "a $70,000 kick in the nuts."

• Like 1

You guys are so ignorant!
This is just one of millions of trucks already produced.

"Technical editor David Beard wrote, "I like the engine in this truck, and that's it.""

I'm so glad that the 6.2 is made available across the whole Silverado line-up...no?

:rolleyes:

so long

j-ten-ner

Edited by j-ten-ner
  • Like 1

I read the article, I have car and driver reviews down loaded to my phone among others. Their review mirror some of the comments here. Personally I felt my 14 was the best I ever owned. Being in business and driving lots of miles I own and bought quite a few. It would still be in my driveway if it wasn’t for cylinder deactivation and my last truck for my retirement. I kept my 92 instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In an era where having panoramic sunroofs and TV screens in the dash are given such high importance time will tell how well GM fares with the new truck. I really don't know what I'd buy right now if I was purchasing a new 1500 but many publications will rate GM down on the list due it being too truck-like and not having enough tassels on the handlebars.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Take a look at the comments on Car and Drivers review. I can definitely relate to much of the comments on FCA products. They do know how to make attractive products inside and out but from my experience and my friends/families experience, NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. I’ll take TFL Truck reviews over any of these others. At least they review on the things that matter such as efficiency, towing, durability, off-road, etc. 

Yes, GM could do a better job on the interior even though it’s not a bad interior... I actually prefer it... I think the 12 inch screen is nothing but a distraction. I have a close family member who is a manager at a Chevrolet dealership and he has already had 2 people trade their 2019 Rams in for a new Silverado. 

Just like when looking for a retlationahip, “looks aren’t everything”. 

900B7C9B-9C12-4E21-85E9-E6E8BACA0437.png

• Like 1

Take a look at the comments on Car and Drivers review. I can definitely relate to much of the comments on FCA products. They do know how to make attractive products inside and out but from my experience and my friends/families experience, NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. I’ll take TFL Truck reviews over any of these others. At least they review on the things that matter such as efficiency, towing, durability, off-road, etc. 

Yes, GM could do a better job on the interior even though it’s not a bad interior... I actually prefer it... I think the 12 inch screen is nothing but a distraction. I have a close family member who is a manager at a Chevrolet dealership and he has already had 2 people trade their 2019 Rams in for a new Silverado. 

Just like when looking for a retlationahip, “looks aren’t everything”. 

900B7C9B-9C12-4E21-85E9-E6E8BACA0437.thumb.png.11c245c70db29d6bbdb4dad22be90d02.png

To be fair my Silverado has had a multitude of problems:

Gas pedal replaced x3
Brake Vacuum Booster replaced
Radio Replaced
Seat movement x2
Steering recall
Seatbelt recall
Seat heater just went out the other day

Not really the epitome of reliability. Worst vehicle I have owned was a Ford. Best has to be my wife’s Lexus...3+ years of ownership, only one problem.

• Like 1

I do not pay any attention to reviews put out by the likes of car and driver, most reviews are very subjective and biased in my opinion. Have driven GM for 45 yrs and will continue to do so.

• Like 2

Outrageous headline sells magazine. News at 11.

:uhoh:

I drove the all the new trucks, picked the one I liked best, that fit my budget, and accept that there are many compromises made to balance out the overall package. It’s still a great tool and a world better than the truck I owned 10 years ago. 

1 hour ago, dave07 said:

To be fair my Silverado has had a multitude of problems:

Gas pedal replaced x3
Brake Vacuum Booster replaced
Radio Replaced
Seat movement x2
Steering recall
Seatbelt recall
Seat heater just went out the other day

Not really the epitome of reliability. Worst vehicle I have owned was a Ford. Best has to be my wife’s Lexus...3+ years of ownership, only one problem.

All brands will have issues but I can say, from my personal experience and people closest to me, I’ve seen many more issues with FCA products