Car and Driver Rips New Silverado 1500

7 minutes ago, Ultra54 said:

I had a Red Hot they lent me for the weekend and I would be happy with that and even more so, the Cajun. The next bit of research is rubber. They will take the stock tire off and put on what I want. Personally I like the look of a smaller rim/bigger tire than low profile. I'd like something an inch or so taller, not necessarily wide though.

If you don't mind me asking...what did you trade in for your truck?

Just now, goose hunter said:

If you don't mind me asking...what did you trade in for your truck?

2015 Nissan Titan Pro 4 X..they gave me 30k, it only had 25 000 km on it, super clean, oil guarded every year...babied...really good vehicle...

image.thumb.png.75d7bcfb9cffe7c519839d5f712d7219.png

1 minute ago, Ultra54 said:

2015 Nissan Titan Pro 4 X..they gave me 30k, it only had 25 000 km on it, super clean, oil guarded every year...babied...really good vehicle...

image.thumb.png.75d7bcfb9cffe7c519839d5f712d7219.png

Sorry, I  read your post again and saW Nissan...here in eastern Canada the dealer will only give me 34 000 on an  2016 LTZ   43000 kms…...selling it private sale.

5 hours ago, Imcrazy said:

Gm makes trucks that last and get the job done, can't say that about Ferd and Fiat...

Except Ford and Ram do make trucks that last. Fanboyism makes you look stupid. 

1 hour ago, Ultra54 said:

Man, it was tough deciding. It's so hard to tell from photos or youtube. I put a deposit and ordered it yesterday. Six to 8 weeks out which is perfect as the weather here is brutal now. They're giving me a good trade and some good discounts. Here are a few packages I went with.

-trifold soft tonneau cover

-sunroof

-leather

-advanced trailer pkg.

-convenience with buckets

-convenience II

-safety package

-LPO assists 4" black tubular steps

-bed protection pkg

image.thumb.png.170138fba52934deaa71c83627f72373.png

image.thumb.png.5335b3fc0fa98e6272b2822231e08cae.png

image.png

I've yet to see a Trail Boss in this color other than the website renderings. Post up some pics when you get it! 6-8 weeks I should be headed to the dealer myself to look into ordering one in Custom trim and for the first time I like basically every color they've offered. Only one I wouldn't do is black. Black is too hard to keep nice and with all the blackout trim and wheels I need some contrast.

• Like 1

Hmmm...the Nissan dealer was only going to give me 28 k towards a 2018 Titan Pro 4 X. I thought 30 was ok from a GM dealer. The Nissan was heavily discounted in 15 to make room for the next gen at the time so that's why I figure 30 is ok, paid 40 k for it. I don't think I getting anything to special a deal overall, maybe just fair. To my fault I'm not a good negotiator and buy it if I want it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MikeNH said:

I've yet to see a Trail Boss in this color other than the website renderings. Post up some pics when you get it! 6-8 weeks I should be headed to the dealer myself to look into ordering one in Custom trim and for the first time I like basically every color they've offered. Only one I wouldn't do is black. Black is too hard to keep nice and with all the blackout trim and wheels I need some contrast.

Ya, I was nervous choosing it. Some guys at work were breaking my balls but I have a feeling it will be easy on the eyes in the right light. I'll post up a good selection of photos. I would have killed to get some quality shots of all the colors in real light but not many to be had. I'm goin out on a limb here...

23 minutes ago, Ultra54 said:

Ya, I was nervous choosing it. Some guys at work were breaking my balls but I have a feeling it will be easy on the eyes in the right light. I'll post up a good selection of photos. I would have killed to get some quality shots of all the colors in real light but not many to be had. I'm goin out on a limb here...

My Grand Cherokee is brown. Jeep quality sucks but the paint looks killer. I also really like Red Hot. Even white looks good and usually I don’t like white cause it’s too work truck looking. Shadow Gray is killer too. 

• Like 1

My Grand Cherokee is brown. Jeep quality sucks but the paint looks killer. I also really like Red Hot. Even white looks good and usually I don’t like white cause it’s too work truck looking. Shadow Gray is killer too. 

I know.....I know....wife liked the Shadow Gray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MikeNH said:

I see no Fords or Rams older than 15+ years old running around here in my area and everyone I know that has owned a Ford or Ram/Dodge/Fiat has had nothing but issues and repair bill after repair bill, my buddys father in law just sunk 8k into his 2010 F250 this year alone lol... There is a reason Ford is the best selling truck, they don't last as long as the longest running trucks on the road (Chevy) so Ford trucks need to be replaced more often thus more units sold year to year.. I'm not a fan boy at all, I was strictly a Japanese car buyer for many years because they were the the best bang for the buck...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MikeNH said:

I agree. I ended up going with Shadow Gray and absolutely love it. It really brings out the lines. If Red Hot was an option for the LTZ, I would’ve strongly considered it. I’m with you on white... I always think of worktruck but ever since the previous gen, white has grown on me

Congrats on the Havana brown.   Haven’t seen any in that but looks good on computer.   White and Shadow also look good, but I have a metallic dark grey car so I ordered a Northsky blue,  and haven’t seen one in person yet.    I would have gone hot red, but was not avail on LTZ

22 hours ago, Ultra54 said:

Personally I like the look of a smaller rim/bigger tire than low profile. I'd like something an inch or so taller, not necessarily wide though.

Same. Icon said that they have 17's that fit with the larger calipers on our trucks. On my Xterra I had factory 17's and went down to 16's wrapped in 33" tires. More sidewall better grip offroading. I remember some teenager yelling at me that I was parked too close to the curb and that I was going to scrape my rim (curb didn't come close to the wheel) turned them up over the curb back down asked him if I touched he just stood there like he didn't understand. 

FB_IMG_1547685687605.jpg

FB_IMG_1536276285604.jpg

• Like 2

Same. Icon said that they have 17's that fit with the larger calipers on our trucks. On my Xterra I had factory 17's and went down to 16's wrapped in 33" tires. More sidewall better grip offroading. I remember some teenager yelling at me that I was parked too close to the curb and that I was going to scrape my rim (curb didn't come close to the wheel) turned them up over the curb back down asked him if I touched he just stood there like he didn't understand. 
FB_IMG_1547685687605.thumb.jpg.4a2ec210c6b5512eeca5451d3ff90e57.jpg
FB_IMG_1536276285604.thumb.jpg.a11eeaff1edcea1d791a823b0207ab81.jpg
Nice pic of the Silverado tucking those tires. My 2013 had 20s on it and I hated the way it rode. My next Silverado will be on 17s or 18s max to get more sidewall.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 1