Upgraded UCA with BDS or Zone Lifts?

Hey guys, have 2016 Silverado with the 5.3 V8 crew can, Zone 6.5 kit with stock front shocks but upgraded rear shocks to Fox, no leaf kit in rear and have 35’s BFG @ 38PSI.

Looking to improve the suspension a bit without spending a lot for unnecessary parts.

Would installing new shocks in the front and upgrading the UCAs to cognito UCA help at all if I’m keeping the Zone top spacer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, have 2016 Silverado with the 5.3 V8 crew can, Zone 6.5 kit with stock front shocks but upgraded rear shocks to Fox, no leaf kit in rear and have 35’s BFG @ 38PSI.

Looking to improve the suspension a bit without spending a lot for unnecessary parts.

Would installing new shocks in the front and upgrading the UCAs to cognito UCA help at all if I’m keeping the Zone top spacer?

Coilovers and new UCA’s will definitely help

Sent from above

If you want to keep the top spacer, look into bilstein 5100s. They’ll greatly improve the ride. UCAs shouldn’t be necessary

Coilovers and new UCA’s will definitely help

Sent from above

Coil overs would set me back almost $2,000 and my truck is 2WD and hardly ever goes off road.

If you want to keep the top spacer, look into bilstein 5100s. They’ll greatly improve the ride. UCAs shouldn’t be necessary

If I don’t keep the top spacer then fox coilovers from BDS website would be my only option. Wouldn’t new UCAs give me more wheel travel, making the front end absorb uneven surfaces better and bumps?

If I don’t keep the top spacer then fox coilovers from BDS website would be my only option. Wouldn’t new UCAs give me more wheel travel, making the front end absorb uneven surfaces better and bumps?

Yes, but i don’t think they’re “necessary” however they definitely wouldn’t hurt. I think the bilsteins are the biggest thing

Coil overs would set me back almost $2,000 and my truck is 2WD and hardly ever goes off road.

Not $2K, here’s just FYI

Bad Ass CST CoilOver leveling coils $1150 a pair
https://cstsuspension.com/07/240-coil-overs-2007-2018-gm-1500-4wd.html

Fox Leveling CoilOvers $860.00 a pair
https://www.americantrucks.com/fox-20-performance-series-coilover-ifp-front-0915.html

Sent from above

On 1/12/2019 at 1:26 PM, arkenzo said:

I have basically the same exact setup as you except mines a 2015 double cab and I agree the ride is pretty damn rough.  I was thinking about doing the front shocks, but my back end seems the roughest (bed is loud as heck over bumps)

I have basically the same exact setup as you except mines a 2015 double cab and I agree the ride is pretty damn rough.  I was thinking about doing the front shocks, but my back end seems the roughest (bed is loud as heck over bumps)

Which rear shocks do you have

4 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Same as me also lol. I think the Fox’s were a big improvement over the zones though

Never tried that.  I just ordered the kit with the fox shocks so I didn't have anything to compare to, but Ive been thinking about doing bilstein.