Short Bed or Standard bed???

Ultra54

I keep flip flopping on what I prefer for my Trail Boss I am ordering. At first I picked the standard length but when I saw the truck in person I flipped to short length. I depends on the viewing angle. From directly from the side the standard box looks too long to me. I have to decide by tomorrow and am leaning towards the short box.

1 hour ago, Ultra54 said:

I keep flip flopping on what I prefer for my Trail Boss I am ordering. At first I picked the standard length but when I saw the truck in person I flipped to short length. I depends on the viewing angle. From directly from the side the standard box looks too long to me. I have to decide by tomorrow and am leaning towards the short box.

Short boxes are their bread and butter, I think they do look better, and you adapt on how to use them. Will the truck be parked in a garage? If so, make sure you measure first, so you will know a regular bed will fit.

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1

Standard bed all the way for me.  Like stated above, trucks just look weird with a cab longer than the bed.  Plus I prefer to have a bed that can actually haul things and the look of a long truck is just nice.  If I could have gotten an 8' bed when i bought my truck I would have.  If garage space is a factor and you park inside I could see the reason for getting a short bed or if you never plan to use the truck for truck things.  

• Like 2

I currently own a double cab with a standard bed. Ill be trading it in with for a crew cab with a short box. Although the standard bed is nice. Personally I find a crew cab truck with a standard bed to be a little too long for me. Parking can be annoying sometimes.

Ive had all cab and bed configurations. Crew cab longbed is nice but it barely fits in my garage. Has to be a 3/4 ton though. Double cab longbed is almost as big but small in the backseat. Again 3/4 ton only.

The Crew cab standard bed is the perfect truck if you ask me. I have this and a Double cab standard bed and prefer the crew. You get the roomy cab with a bed large enough to haul most stuff.  Get a trailer if you have to haul something bigger.

The shortbeds are totally worthless. They look stupid too. Yuppie truck. Kids hauler.

As a rule the longer the wheelbase the better ride.

As for parking , well you're on your own there. I don't have any trouble.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can't fit much in a 6.5' bed,  might as well get the 5.5' bed and be able to fit it easier in your garage... I have a 6.5' bed on my DBL cab and my next truck will be a crew with a 5.5' bed because a crew with a 6.5' won't fit in my garage and I'm not going to park a $50k machine outside lol.... If I need to haul bigger stuff I use a trailer... That's just my .02 if you don't park in many tight spaces and it will fit in your garage I guess you need to decide if the extra 12" of cargo space is important to you, if you don't haul a lot of large loads I'd get the short bed, it will be easier to sell probably.

I have a regular cab with the standard bed. I miss the long bed I had with my last regular cab.

Have had 3 different trucks with extended cabs (double cab) with the standard beds. Anything shorter would not work for me.

3 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Short boxes are their bread and butter, I think they do look better, and you adapt on how to use them. Will the truck be parked in a garage? If so, make sure you measure first, so you will know a regular bed will fit.

The main use for my truck is trailering my boat. My previous truck was a short box and it wasn't an issue. 

1 hour ago, DougFL said:

To me, picking the bed size based on looks is a Strange criteria!  Pick the bed size based on your hauling needs.

I won't disagree but hauling is not a primary concern where appearance is important to me. If looks didn't matter I might have included Ford or Dodge in my selection.

Thanks to all for your comments. I'm still not sure though, see it wasn't an option on my last full sized Titan. 

Edited by Ultra54
  • Like 1