Audio improvement with stock radio

I own a 2014 Silverado LT Crew Cab non-bose

I have purchased two sets of speakers to swap into my door speakers. I was wondering if i should buy an amp and wire it into these speakers. Is it hard to rewire the door speakers in this truck(I am new to car audio)?

Also is it hard to swap the head unit in this truck I have the 4.2 inch screen and it looks like it is hard to do/something i don't want to mess with. I want to add a subwoofer at some point as well.

Kicker 43CSC654

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206CSC6934/Kicker-43CSC6934.html?awcp=1t1&awcr=309977045236&awdv=c&awkw=%2bkicker+%2b43csc6934&awmt=b&awnw=g&awug=9027246&gclid=Cj0KCQiAg_HhBRDNARIsAGHLV53iAeDlKM6LnfVZJ0lEeU2PcG6zfo_D5tlk5Fg7trk8MM-NFnq51nYaAjN5EALw_wcB

---------------------

Kicker 43CSC6934

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206CSC6934/Kicker-43CSC6934.html?awcp=1t1&awcr=309977045236&awdv=c&awkw=%2bkicker+%2b43csc6934&awmt=b&awnw=g&awug=9027246&gclid=Cj0KCQiAg_HhBRDNARIsAGHLV51Pkp82JFE1zUjjzBDoQQ6Q3atkBL9z_ef0c-Miq3bR88MnxVLVyHUaAjMcEALw_wcB

The doors use a push clip harness. In orderto rewire the door speakers youd have to repin the harness. If you just want speakers. Cut the end off and put new connectors on the new speakers

1 minute ago, Snowcamo said:

The radio isn't just a simple swap like it used to be and it can be costly. And adding a sub is pointless unless you get a digital sound processor.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

He has the 4" screen qhich supposedlymakes it easier. But yes still not just a swap like older silverados

23 minutes ago, TURNER said:

I own a 2014 Silverado LT Crew Cab non-bose

I have purchased two sets of speakers to swap into my door speakers. I was wondering if i should buy an amp and wire it into these speakers. Is it hard to rewire the door speakers in this truck(I am new to car audio)?

Also is it hard to swap the head unit in this truck I have the 4.2 inch screen and it looks like it is hard to do/something i don't want to mess with. I want to add a subwoofer at some point as well.

Kicker 43CSC654

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206CSC6934/Kicker-43CSC6934.html?awcp=1t1&awcr=309977045236&awdv=c&awkw=%2bkicker+%2b43csc6934&awmt=b&awnw=g&awug=9027246&gclid=Cj0KCQiAg_HhBRDNARIsAGHLV53iAeDlKM6LnfVZJ0lEeU2PcG6zfo_D5tlk5Fg7trk8MM-NFnq51nYaAjN5EALw_wcB

---------------------

Kicker 43CSC6934

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206CSC6934/Kicker-43CSC6934.html?awcp=1t1&awcr=309977045236&awdv=c&awkw=%2bkicker+%2b43csc6934&awmt=b&awnw=g&awug=9027246&gclid=Cj0KCQiAg_HhBRDNARIsAGHLV51Pkp82JFE1zUjjzBDoQQ6Q3atkBL9z_ef0c-Miq3bR88MnxVLVyHUaAjMcEALw_wcB

If you are buying these speakers from Crutchfield and they show to fit your truck they will probably come with adapter harnesses that will be plug and play from your truck harness to the speakers and a set of adapters so they will bolt in. If you are not sure what comes with the speakers call their toll free number and talk with someone at Crutchfield. 

If you are buying these speakers from Crutchfield and they show to fit your truck they will probably come with adapter harnesses that will be plug and play from your truck harness to the speakers and a set of adapters so they will bolt in. If you are not sure what comes with the speakers call their toll free number and talk with someone at Crutchfield. 

yes i did buy the speakers from crutchfield and the adapter harnesses are shipped with the speakers but i dont think the stock headunit is powerful enough to drive those speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, TURNER said:

yes i did buy the speakers from crutchfield and the adapter harnesses are shipped with the speakers but i dont think the stock headunit is powerful enough to drive those speakers.

Try it out. If its not enough then go from there

If the stock headunit does not have enough power what should i do from there?

Grab an audio control lc2 or even lc6 and buy an amp

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Grab an audio control lc2 or even lc6 and buy an amp

If i do that what size amp would i need and would i need to rewire the speakers instead of the factory speaker wires?

If i do that what size amp would i need and would i need to rewire the speakers instead of the factory speaker wires?

Depends what speakers you have and id just use the stock wires

Depends what speakers you have and id just use the stock wires

I linked the speakers i am using at the top of the topic.— the fronts are 150 watt rms 6x9 and the rears are 100 watt rms 6-1/2

I linked the speakers i am using at the top of the topic.— the fronts are 150 watt rms 6x9 and the rears are 100 watt rms 6-1/2

Id go with a 75x4 ish amp

Id go with a 75x4 ish amp

thats what i was thinking because not too much power sent through the factory wires but still enough to drive the speakers. how would i wire the amp— tap the lines with the lc6 then run rca to the amp the cut the wires and put the amp output wires to the factory ones by the headunit to the speakers.