Figured I should start a new thread to try and get this figured out

The car: 2016 Chevy 2500HD

Radio : 8 inch mylink

Phone: Google Pixel 3

The issue: I cant get Android auto to work, the truck was just at the dealer getting a recall and they said the truck side software is 100% up to date and it must be with my phone. However when I plug my phone in and click projection on the screen all I get is a message telling me to connect a compatible device. I would think because AA is Google and I have a pure Google phone this should just work, no?

Does it make a difference what USB port I plug into?

Is there a setting I am missing? 

According to the dealer it should work...but it doesnt. 

Whats everyone say?

Appreciate the help

Give this a try:

Go in Android Auto on your Phone and select Settings:

General-

Make sure "Limit WiF"i is off

Connected cars;  Set up link to your truck

Phone Screen Settings:  Set up Autolaunch with Bluetooth, make sure to also select Use bluetooth.  I also have Screen-Always-on

Thank you for the replies. Phone has up to date AA....and I can run it on that fine. 

Projection icon does not change when plugged in. If I click it or tells me to plug in a compatible device. Says the same thing if phone is not plugged in.

Phone seems set up as mentioned above. 

If I go into settings on the truck it does say manage Apple car play but nothing about AA....but Dealer swears its up to date and not software related for the truck. 

1 hour ago, DougFL said:

Give this a try:

Go in Android Auto on your Phone and select Settings:

General-

Make sure "Limit WiF"i is off

Connected cars;  Set up link to your truck

Phone Screen Settings:  Set up Autolaunch with Bluetooth, make sure to also select Use bluetooth.  I also have Screen-Always-on

Connected cars doesn't seem to show anyways to set link to the truck?

22 minutes ago, GTBensley said:

If I go into settings on the truck it does say manage Apple car play but nothing about AA....but Dealer swears its up to date and not software related for the truck. 

On my 2016 the Android Auto did Not show up until Dealer updated software!  If it is not there than it is not updated!

22 minutes ago, DougFL said:

On my 2016 the Android Auto did Not show up until Dealer updated software!  If it is not there than it is not updated!

What i thought too! Just picked it up three hours ago and they swear it's up to date. I think they are full of crap. 

I just got of the phone with GM, and they confirmed AA is not loaded on the truck and I need to go to the dealer again. I am frustrated as I was JUST at the dealer and TOLD them that I needed it loaded. We had an in depth conversation about it.

Currently calling the dealer to see what they can do. At 55 minutes each way its a big waste of my time to go back there. 

I had to get my 2016 updated twice to get the Android Auto to work.  If they do the update procedure wrong it will not function correctly. Take it back and tell them update didn't work.. Have the tech that does the update verify Android Auto works after.

2 hours ago, GTBensley said:

Went back and had them update it.....all is working as it should. Thanks for the help.

I figured so these Radios are really hard to update. I saw the Tech doing one and it was just stupid. Turn this on, turn that off, change this setting. Miss one step and it's messed up.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 9:05 AM, GTBensley said:

I just got of the phone with GM, and they confirmed AA is not loaded on the truck and I need to go to the dealer again. I am frustrated as I was JUST at the dealer and TOLD them that I needed it loaded. We had an in depth conversation about it.

Currently calling the dealer to see what they can do. At 55 minutes each way its a big waste of my time to go back there. 

How were they able to confirm this?  I need to do the same thing.  Took my CPO '16 home yesterday; CarPlay works with my wife's phone, but squadoosh with AA and my Pixel 3 XL...