Another Disappointing Breakdown and No Support from GM Customer Service

31 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Guess you missed the part about already having gone through a TCM failure...and Injector failures and now the Magnaride. You do realize that we ALL have TCMs and Injectors don't you? Just because he has a system you obviously don't doesn't give GM a pass...

Were the TCM and injector failures covered by the 3yr/36k or did they happen after the warranty expired?

Not a garage queen....you are 6,000 miles/year over the average mileage per year. Doesn't excuse the issue, but that is way over average.
Fair enough doesn't mean she doesn't get treated well and she lives in a good garage. Maybe I should state she is my garage queen. [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

Fair enough doesn't mean she doesn't get treated well and she lives in a good garage. Maybe I should state she is my garage queen. emoji846.png

I was just about to say.. he probably means it never sits outside even though it is above avg mileage ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess I just usually say garage kept instead of queen

14 minutes ago, Capt Bob said:

Were the TCM and injector failures covered by the 3yr/36k or did they happen after the warranty expired?

Does that really matter? Three system failures is not expected in a vehicle with less than 60K on the odometer. Fits right in with them shortening the warranty period. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate having a warranty (using it right now for a headlight that will not adjust), but would not be happy with 3 system failures.

3 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Does that really matter? Three system failures is not expected in a vehicle with less than 60K on the odometer. Fits right in with them shortening the warranty period. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate having a warranty (using it right now for a headlight that will not adjust), but would not be happy with 3 system failures.

Well it sure as hell matters to me. I have a 2018 too. Just trying to see what is in the future. 

26 minutes ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

TCM yes,..... Injectors no and Magneride no...

5 minutes ago, Capt Bob said:

Well it sure as hell matters to me. I have a 2018 too. Just trying to see what is in the future. 

Gotcha, I must have miss-understood your reason for asking...hopefully you got a good one!

I understand your frustrations.  Unexpected repairs and expenses are never fun. I also understand the manufacturers stance and why they don't warranty shocks, even magnaride.  They simply wear out over time like brakes.  Some may go a lot longer than yours did, others may have worn out sooner.  You can try but I doubt you will get any help with this.

I just wish they would spend their redesign budgets on real fixes and better design that will last and not just the next cool feature or restyling.  Style doesn't hurt, but quality is what brings people back in the long run.  Big touch screens and massage seats may be cool but they don't get you to work and back.  In short, if they can't confidently offer a 10 year 150,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, the product isn't ready for market.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

Fair enough doesn't mean she doesn't get treated well and she lives in a good garage. Maybe I should state she is my garage queen. emoji846.png

Moot point, it is still an early failure on a very expensive part. If you do not ask the question about help with the cost, you will never know the answer. Trust me, I am sure that I am no fan favorite with GM customer service, but they have either helped or taken care of any problem, except for one in 25 years of owning their products.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

Style doesn't hurt, but quality is what brings people back in the long run.  Big touch screens and massage seats may be cool but they don't get you to work and back.  In short, if they can't confidently offer a 10 year 150,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, the product isn't ready for market.

While I agree, you can't argue that big touch screens and massage seats will get a lot of folks to switch brands.  Probably not many reading threads on this site, but a lot of 'non-brand-loyal' folks.  Will they switch back after discovering that the iPad stuck to the dash is a POS?  Time will tell.

I would.have got at least c
Gm executives cost. And part waves service fees. I think it would help If you pushed the issue before paying out. But I understand the need of the truck and life.
Oh and I'm a arrow of light scout. Had may great times scouting.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Know what's relatively cheap to replace?

Regular shocks.

Buy premium and expect to pay premium. This is not GM's fault, it's your own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Hey skippy why don't you take your 12 post's and skip off of gm-trucks.com if this is how your going to treat others!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paracutin said:

While I agree, you can't argue that big touch screens and massage seats will get a lot of folks to switch brands.  Probably not many reading threads on this site, but a lot of 'non-brand-loyal' folks.  Will they switch back after discovering that the iPad stuck to the dash is a POS?  Time will tell.

Well, people buy Toyota and Honda like crazy, I believe it's because they THINK they are reliable and well built.  It sure as hell isn't because they are cool or have the latest gadgets.