Another Disappointing Breakdown and No Support from GM Customer Service

I had so many problems with my 17 denali, that GMC gave me an extended bumper to bumper and powertrain for 8 years 120k for free. 0 deductable. Same factory warranty

Ps. I also had TCM failure, all 8 injectors replaced 2 times, leaks, shaking ect

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

I just wish they had taken the time to get off the monitor screen of canned messages to realize how costly and bad this is. I just wanted my customer loyalty, the failures that I have already had to fix, and an acknowledgement of a now premature failure to be taken into account and something to be done but sadly the answer was NO!

I don't fully understand. You want GM to cut you a deal on the repair because you needed to replace shocks at 54,000 miles?

I know, any repair hurts the pocketbook and we can all agree that the labor rates dealers charge are insane. But as you stated, sh*t happens. To all makes and models. I hope you express your frustration to GM, as I would do if I felt the same way. But I don't think anything will come of it.

I saw on JDPower awhile back that GMC initial quaility rating was lower than Chevy. Its funny because they are made with 99% the same parts. Shouldn't they get the same rating?

Do you think the difference in customer satisfaction comes from the expectations of some GMC owners who believe (due to marketing) that they are getting some kind of premium product, instead of just a chevy with a different grill on the front?

https://www.jdpower.com/Cars/Ratings/Quality/2018/Large-Light-Duty-Pickup

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Hey skippy why don't you take your 12 post's and skip off of gm-trucks.com if this is how your going to treat others!

He may have come across as crass but he isn't necessarily wrong.  Premium features cost premium money to fix when they break.  We may not like it but it is true.  There is the expectation that the more you pay the better the item will be and the longer it will last but these are imperfect items designed and made by imperfect people and processes.

Flame away!

46 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

Well, people buy Toyota and Honda like crazy, I believe it's because they THINK they are reliable and well built.  It sure as hell isn't because they are cool or have the latest gadgets.

How do you explain the popularity of the new RAM?  They aren't reliable and well built but they do have all the latest bells and whistles.

10 minutes ago, paracutin said:

How do you explain the popularity of the new RAM?  They aren't reliable and well built but they do have all the latest bells and whistles.

Because a bought and paid for magazine called it their "Truck of the Year" and people new to trucks jump...it's no secret that people who never owned trucks before are flocking to them now...because it's what Jimmy down the street did. I wouldn't have a RAM or a FORD but if I'm honest, it's because I've been conditioned since childhood to be a GM faithful...kinda like all those Alabama Crimson Tide "fans" who've never even seen the campus.

• Like 3

Kiss my premium ass... That cheap enough for you... Smart ass.

Sir, I understand that was a very rude and unnecessary comment that you received and I fully understand you being upset about such a high repair bill that should have never happened, but your reply was not something I would expect coming from a scoutmaster that is supposed to be leading and setting an example for our youth.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sir, I understand that was a very rude and unnecessary comment that you received and I fully understand you being upset about such a high repair bill that should have never happened, but your reply was not something I would expect coming from a scoutmaster that is supposed to be leading and setting an example for our youth.

You know what, you are correct and I apologize for using that language. I had just spent that money and it was hurting to have that along with his rude, unnecessary and small minded comment. I let it get too me and I shouldn't have. Again that was not the example that I should have put forward. Thank you!

• Thanks 1

You know what, you are correct and I apologize for using that language. I had just spent that money and it was hurting to have that along with his rude, unnecessary and small minded comment. I let it get too me and I shouldn't have. Again that was not the example that I should have put forward. Thank you!

Thank you for the apology. It happens sometimes, We are only human. But when you can acknowledge a mistake and apologize for it. You are the bigger man and that is a good example to set

• Like 2

I think the consumer market has gotten us to this point. So long as parts last to the warranty, and profits are good, most people and companies are satisfied. What's interesting about this forum of self-selecting truck owners, is we have passion for quality and durability.
I'll bet you can, for the same money, build from a 3yo used 50k+ mile truck, a more reliable truck; than you can buy new off a factory line from any truck company in business today.
If you agree, then the most expensive way to get a reliable truck, is to buy new, and replace the lower quality factory parts (drive shaft, brakes, shocks, muffler, tires, alternator, battery, vacuum pump, etc).
It is what it is, and if it is profitable for companies, then we are not the typical/target user.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

I do not think you were completely out of line, you had a problem, you were venting. His comment was as useful as the guy who brings a six pack to your party and leaves with a 12 pack. Good lesson for your troop, either people make a positive difference in your life, or they were not worth the time it took to meet them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paracutin said:

3 hours ago, SS502 said:

Because a bought and paid for magazine called it their "Truck of the Year" and people new to trucks jump...it's no secret that people who never owned trucks before are flocking to them now...because it's what Jimmy down the street did. I wouldn't have a RAM or a FORD but if I'm honest, it's because I've been conditioned since childhood to be a GM faithful...kinda like all those Alabama Crimson Tide "fans" who've never even seen the campus.

Ram buyers are the most loyal out of all of the trucks, followed by Ford. They can roll out anything and they will buy. GM buyers are more picky, hence the reason the 19's are not too far removed from the 18's and being called boring and coming in last in comparisons. If you look at how many complaints are on here about all the different problems, and they still sell a ton of trucks, why would they wander too far out of the box and be the leader in the class.

I think the consumer market has gotten us to this point. So long as parts last to the warranty, and profits are good, most people and companies are satisfied. What's interesting about this forum of self-selecting truck owners, is we have passion for quality and durability.
I'll bet you can, for the same money, build from a 3yo used 50k+ mile truck, a more reliable truck; than you can buy new off a factory line from any truck company in business today.
If you agree, then the most expensive way to get a reliable truck, is to buy new, and replace the lower quality factory parts (drive shaft, brakes, shocks, muffler, tires, alternator, battery, vacuum pump, etc).
It is what it is, and if it is profitable for companies, then we are not the typical/target user.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Agreed. Well said sir.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

Today as others on the forum described I had to replace my front Magneride struts/shocks on a garage queen mainly highway miles truck. My 2016 Sierra Denali Ultimate is barely 2 years and 9 months old and has 54,000 miles.

I feel fortunate to have caught it when I did as I am a Scoutmaster and was about to take my troop and the scout trailer on a trip from Dallas to near Hot Springs, Arkansas for a campout.

So the killer to the pocket was $1,800 plus tax and I did not get a chance to shop it due to the timing of our scout trip. Dealership did what currently seems to be a good job. I direct messaged GMCustomerSupport through this site with no response.... None.... So I contacted GMCustomerSupport by phone today and was told this failure is completely acceptable under wear and tear at that mileage. I might have accepted this if I had not already been through a TCM failure, fuel injector failures and now Magneride shock failures. Bummer to not have GM Support on this. My old 2008 Sierra Denali has 190,000 miles on it, still has original injectors (I know not direct injection 6.2L motor), original TCM and original shocks. Still rides great.

Seriously makes me want to warn anybody what they will be getting into with these newer GM trucks. Caveat Emptor! I know s@@t happens but I just wish they had taken the time to get off the monitor screen of canned messages to realize how costly and bad this is. I just wanted my customer loyalty, the failures that I have already had to fix, and an acknowledgement of a now premature failure to be taken into account and something to be done but sadly the answer was NO! And don't let the door hit you in the way out.

Rant over just letting out some frustrations.. Moving on and will fix it with my check book on the next truck purchase.

Sorry to hear about this man. My buddy works at a dealer as a service writer and told me about this. He said he has had trucks come in with 20k miles and the magnaride shocks were shot and the customer had to pay out of pocket. Even if you buy the extended warranty which is well worth the money, that does not cover shocks either. 

I get shocks are a wear item but I think if shocks are completely destroyed withing the bumper to bumper warranty they should be replaced under warranty but that is just my opinion. 

20 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Know what's relatively cheap to replace?

Regular shocks.

Buy premium and expect to pay premium. This is not GM's fault, it's your own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

That is a bit extreme, dont ya think!?!? How is it his fault that his shocks wore out? 

I bet you're one of those guys that says "Oh that's just something else to go wrong" real men don't drive trucks with _______ (fill in the blank). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Donstar said:

I agree.  Be respectful and remember the agent is human and doing his or her job.  Customer service agents are working within a set of guidelines and are working within limited discretionary powers.  If you are rude or threatening your chances are reduced that this particular human will pass you on to a person with increased discretionary power. Chances are good , imo, that a carefully worded plea will result in a break for the, Op.

I agree with you. To some degree.

There's no point to use abusive language when talking to a representative from the customer service. As you say, it's just someone doing his job.

But, as a representative he should also be able to handle some "direct language". All this tip-toeing around the bush nowadays is getting you nowhere.

Sometimes you need to cut to the point to get the same across.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 1