Another Disappointing Breakdown and No Support from GM Customer Service

Quick question. Do you work for GM? not Trying to be a smart @$$. I think we all feel if we purchase or sign a lease for x$ the product should last.

Fact is they don't make em like they used to. It's all about marketing, sales and profit. So it's up to us to seek aftermarket parts that are of better quality.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

No, I do not work for GM or represent any business.

They don't make them like they used to. Nobody does. But buying a computer controlled shock absorber is foolish. Magneride is not new, it's been around a while and it's always sucked. But some people keep buying it, so it keeps getting sold. It made it past the warranty, you signed for it and have to live with that. Crying about GM not paying is ridiculous.

If you don't trade for a Toyota, I'm gonna buy stock in Kleenex. I'll make a fortune with all you wiping away your tears about how mean I am and how much you hate your truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Trucks are not what they used to be. They used to last 10-20 years with regular normal maintenance and if you kept the rust out, lol. . Now a days failures before and shortly after warranty runs out. I know from experience. Seat cushion heaters, both sides and door lock actuators so far. 2014 Sierra with only 44,000 miles. I bought this truck thinking it would be my last truck in life. I now doubt if this will last me 20 some years like other trucks and cars I own. They don't build them for long term anymore.  They want them to fail, therefore sell more new trucks. Can't say it's bad logic on the truck builders part, just a bad deal for buyers. 

• Like 1

Guys, just because one may "expect" a vehicle's components to last a certain time they've deemed reasonable in their own mind based on how much they paid for the vehicle, the trim level of vehicle, etc. does not mean the manufacturer is in any way responsible if the component fails before the owner's expectation.  Like the previous guy said, it made it past the warranty.  That is all GM cares about.

Some people think money spent equals quality or reliability.  Not necessarily true.

On 1/16/2019 at 10:01 PM, HeySkippyDog said:

Oh but wait, there's more.

How much time have any of you spent in the cab behind the wheel of a GM FS truck?

I've got 400k miles worth. 150,000 of that on 2 separate K2XX vehicles.

Sit down Junior.

400,000 and you're the expert?

You should sit down junior . I had that many miles in Chevy trucks by the time I was 26 years old. That was 30 years ago. I'm at 2.6 million miles in my 16th Chevy truck. Until you bring something knowledgeable to the table go lay by your dish boy. 

What a jackass

• Like 2

I can't help that you crybabies can't handle the truth. I disagree with your assessment of experience. I'd show you all my cub scout badges, but they got revoked because I ate a brownie.

I hardly think your experiences are a premature failure, it seems par for the course.

I feel so bad for your prospectus on life in general. You should invest in Kleenex as I will certainly fund the use as I wipe my tears from laughing so much at your comments in this thread. You will seemingly always be looking at the glass half empty. I wish you the best of luck in being happy as you are going to need it.

You are wrong about high cost not equalling a better product. We will agree to disagree. There are many cases where higher cost such as guns, photography equipment, tickets to sporting events, just to name a few are better the more you pay (some are mechanical and some aren't). My expectations were higher that some of these items on my truck and as they do on other more expensive items would last longer (not forever). My frustrations are stemming from the previous issues adding up to the next major failure to have to deal with as I stated we're disappointing. I reached out to GM for assistance to to this escalation. Unfortunately my vehicle most likely won't get any better at having less breakdowns as it ages. So my point was that I get to look forward to a higher rate of major issues and the vehicle is not even that old. It appears this investment was not as good as others.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• MikeNH locked this topic