Chevy Walks the Walk On Silverado Advertising Plan

Gorehamj

silverado amazon advert dan glausser 1.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
1-16-2019

GM laid out a comprehensive advertising plan this past week to support the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra now that they are ready for volume delivery. One of the innovative ways that GM had promised to promote the trucks was via Amazon packaging adverts. As you know from our coverage here, GM is wisely partnering with Amazon whenever possible. 

silverado amazon advert dan glausser 2.jpg

The images here are from Facebook 2019+ Silverado/Sierra Owner's club member Daniel Glauser. Daniel ordered up some products from Amazon and was nice enough to share the first images we have seen of the new GM promotional partnership with Amazon. Every little bit helps. What's your take on GM using this promotional opportunity?  

Our thanks to Daniel for sharing his images.  

54 minutes ago, DanielGlauser said:

Decided to create account since my pictures have been posted on here :) I think it was cool, and a easy way to get to millions of people. 

Yes easy to reach the masses, but I also don’t know how many people will buy a truck based on an amazon package. To me, if they are looking, they already know they want a new vehicle, and if they were not considering Chevy before I’m not sure if an amazon box would sway them. Just my $.02

• Like 1

The 2019 millage is no improvement.

They don't have an interior any better then the current trucks,

START STOP SUCKS !!!!!! that was a big one for me.

The prices have increased at least they did in Canada.

It is a fist year truck vs the 2018 being in the last year.

So I basically bought a 2018 so I can ride out the new platform and see if they make it better.  The 2018 trucks are miles better then the 2014 when they released.

With any luck Start Stop will go back to being an option.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 10:49 AM, DanielGlauser said:

Decided to create account since my pictures have been posted on here :) I think it was cool, and a easy way to get to millions of people. 

Welcome aboard, glad to have ya here!

Send me a PM on where to send some your welcome package. ( some site decals for your truck!)

Josh

On 1/17/2019 at 8:39 AM, BigBadSierra said:

The 2019 millage is no improvement.

They don't have an interior any better then the current trucks,

START STOP SUCKS !!!!!! that was a big one for me.

The prices have increased at least they did in Canada.

It is a fist year truck vs the 2018 being in the last year.

So I basically bought a 2018 so I can ride out the new platform and see if they make it better.  The 2018 trucks are miles better then the 2014 when they released.

With any luck Start Stop will go back to being an option.

Now I know that prices go up every year but, my out the door price on mjy 2010 Sierra extended cab SL was  $28363.00CAD.  Replacement truck now with same wquipment will run at least $45341.25CAD.  That's nearly 60% increase in price.  If I add up all the cost of living increases I have received since 2011 to 2019 it amounts to just over 9.5% total.  Unreal how much they have gone uo. And I selected the 4.3 engine instead of the 5.3 since my current truck has the 4.8 engine. 

On 1/18/2019 at 2:25 PM, Doug_Scott said:

Now I know that prices go up every year but, my out the door price on mjy 2010 Sierra extended cab SL was  $28363.00CAD.  Replacement truck now with same wquipment will run at least $45341.25CAD.  That's nearly 60% increase in price.  If I add up all the cost of living increases I have received since 2011 to 2019 it amounts to just over 9.5% total.  Unreal how much they have gone uo. And I selected the 4.3 engine instead of the 5.3 since my current truck has the 4.8 engine. 

They went from a utility vehicle to luxury basically. I found the paperwork on my first truck It cost $22,238 out the door. Fully loaded 2WD Reg Cab

50261729_10155559815616525_1910142393718

Edited by BigBadSierra
  • Like 1