I'm officially a convert, Tundra is gone for a High Country

Nice selection. Love the Tundra for several reasons - but could not get past the crappy mpg. And the LS offers better price point mod options (as does a GM in general). 

Agreed, even stock the Tundra was lame on mpg! Really happy with all the trim levels and options for the silverados
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, FirstAscent said:

I can definitely see your point here! When I was playing with the custom build for the TB on chevy's website and picking all the options I wanted it was only about $3k less than what I built on the website for the High Country. and the HC had a few small things I wanted, not required, but wanted. such as the power up tailgate, upgraded digital dash and a few other very minor things. At this price point and for a few thousand more I figured I might as well get the High Country and still lift it.

I'm not going to crazy with the mods, I'm very happy with it's current setup but I do want to lift it and put my own wheels/tires on it. Everything else will stay as is. 

But yes, it does look good as is. I just need to do something to it so it's unique to me :)

Great looking truck!

Im in the same boat as you. I will probably end up with a lightly equipped High Country and then put Chevy lift and wheels/tires. I will be sitting about 5-7k over the price of a TB but with all of the options I want (6.2 motor)...I find it crazy that I can build Chevy's top end truck with a 6.2 and still only be 5-7k away from an LT trim level with a 5.3 because of a lift and graphics. Someone at GM is smoking something. 

I REALLY like the TB and think its the best looking truck in Chevy/GMCs line up.  I definitely think you can build better value by option selecting on a high trim.

Edited by Chris walker

6 hours ago, Chris walker said:

Great looking truck!

Im in the same boat as you. I will probably end up with a lightly equipped High Country and then put Chevy lift and wheels/tires. I will be sitting about 5-7k over the price of a TB but with all of the options I want (6.2 motor)...I find it crazy that I can build Chevy's top end truck with a 6.2 and still only be 5-7k away from an LT trim level with a 5.3 because of a lift and graphics. Someone at GM is smoking something. 

I REALLY like the TB and think its the best looking truck in Chevy/GMCs line up.  I definitely think you can build better value by option selecting on a high trim.

Exactly! I didn't test drive the 6.2 on purpose haha because I'm sure I'd like it. if it was my only vehicle I'd probably opt for it but the 5.3 will do me just fine. 

If I wanted the truck as-is and for sure wasn't planning on adding anything extra then I probably wouldn't gone with the TB, it's a great all around package. the TB has a great color scheme and excellent stance, I just have better plans for mine ;)