CHROME OR PAINTMATCH

aha1987

Should I color match my bumpers on my LTZ? Has anyone color matched their bumpers yet? 

I would’ve gone with the High Country if they offered Shadow Gray Metallic but they didnt

490FBDB4-EC5E-41C4-ABC8-A8177E2FD37E.jpeg

Nice truck and congrats ? it be nice if GM did their options like ford does. Like a LTZ chrome and LTZ sport. One is mostly chrome and the other one is color matched.  Simplify but you know gm. 

Edited by f8l vnm
  • Like 1

Color matched all the way, i think your truck looks good with chrome too, but would look better imo color matched. One plus though is color matched comes with weak paint and you will without a doubt if you don't clear bra it get road chips.

You should go to color match, as long as you don't mind losing about 10 horsepower and tired of getting hit on all the time.  Seriously, I prefer the chrome, but it sounds like you preferred the look of the color match like the high country.  You should go for it.  You paid enough for your truck, you should make it something you love.  

DO WHAT YOU THINK LOOKS GOOD, IT IS YOUR TRUCK, WHO CARES WHAT OTHERS THINK LOOKS BEST. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DO WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS LOOKS BEST, PUT UP A POLL AND DO WHAT GETS THE MAJORITY OF THE VOTES. PERSONALLY CHROME BUMPERS FOR ME, ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO PAINTED AS IT IS MUCH MORE DURABLE AND CHEAPER. YOUR TRUCK LOOKS GOOD AS IS EXCEPT LOOKING A LITTLE NOSE HIGH, NICE COMBO. 

BTW, I think your all caps headers are what grabbed me to reply...

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970
  • Like 1

I agree with Tyler.

"Millennials" per say, in this day and age seem to enjoy and prefer the all blacked out look on their vehicles.

Honestly I think a truck or car for that matter looks so much better with a little contrast here and there.

Chrome is what I prefer also. 

Be who you want to be chrome or painted.

I see so many RAM tradesman style all blacked out trucks around here in KC and they are SO boring looking IMHO.

Chrome here and there on these new T1 Silverado and Sierra trucks help bring out the sculped body lines.

• Like 1

I think going body color on that body style would look tons better.  Don't want to start another hating thread, but the new trucks to me look terrible, esp with the chrome grill and bumpers.  However,  contrary to what I'm driving now, I like a bit of chrome.  I had a  silver 15 LTZ with the chrome 20's and all the LTZ chrome.  I liked the looks of that truck more so than my silver 18 with the redline black wheels, grill....  But, I've had a lot of people (old and young) tell me they like my new silver/blacked out truck.  So, do what you like, some will like it, some will not.  Do what you like. 

• Like 1