QuickJack portable lift: $150 discount for forum members (expires 2/1/2019)

chrispitude

Hi all,

I've organized a limited-time $150 discount for GM-Trucks forum members for the QuickJack portable lift. It lifts the car at your jack points, giving you full unobstructed access to the underside. See how it works here:

https://www.quickjack.com/portable-car-lift-for-home-garage.html

Because it's not installed in a fixed location, you can move the lift forward or backward in the bay when working only at one end of the car, and you can even take it to a friend's house or the track. When you're not using it, put the power unit on a shelf and lean the lift frames against a wall.

There are several models, depending on your desired weight capacity (3500lbs to 7000lbs) and the spacing between your tires (row L) and jack points (rows I and J):

https://www.quickjack.com/quickjack-features.html

There's plenty more information on their website, along with many videos on YouTube from both car enthusiasts and QuickJack themselves.

This $150 discount is for forum members only, and it ends on February 1, 2019. For questions or to order, call Kat Ladosky at 1-805-933-9970 x152 and tell her which forum you're on.

I do not work for QuickJack or Bendpak (their parent company). In fact, I'd been planning on purchasing a MaxJax M-6 once I made enough space along the sides of my small garage to install the posts. While complaining about the woes of garage reorganization to a car buddy, he told me to look into the QuickJack instead. I realized that the QuickJack actually has many advantages over a 2-post lift for my DIY purposes - easy to store, don't need to worry about center-of-gravity post positioning, being able to open the vehicle doors in my small garage. I saw that I missed a group buy in late 2017, so I set up my own.

20 hours ago, Horacio said:

I recall this company running a discount during Barrett Jackson 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They had a killer deal at SEMA 2018 too, but apparently they've gotten a little tighter with their prices. All the online vendors sell (or at least advertise) at MSRP now, and the only discount codes have been for $100. $150 is the best I could get from them, but at least unlike a group buy, there's no order-taking or minimums - you just call and order.

Costco has the BL-5000SLX on sale for $1100 shipped right now, which is closer to $250 off. However, I want the 7000lb capacity for my truck.

And speaking of capacity, people have posted that when they call technical support and ask about capacity, the jacks are actually designed to a weight of 1.5x the advertised rating. In other words, the 7000lb jack is actually designed and engineered to 10,500lbs. There's also some stress test videos like this one on YouTube, where they lift 20,000lbs with a BL-5000SLX. They had to use a special hydraulic pump to get enough pressure, but the frame was stock and it held. It seems like you'd run out of pump capacity before you run out of frame capacity.

Which model did you go with, and how's it working for you?

7000ext so could use with my truck and car (car needs the extension). I haven’t raised a vehicle yet will be in the early spring for a brake fluid change on my car. Overall it’s nice

9d0d562d5532d09d1330cdf709952bfe.jpg

Ryan B.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the links. I wonder if with using the SUV adapters if one could drop a FWD sedan’s cradle assembly. I’ve done that once without a lift and it was a really PITA (I ended up lifting up the front end with a front end loader). 

Is it a “no brainer” to get the EXT version? 

8 hours ago, chipjumper said:

Thanks for the links. I wonder if with using the SUV adapters if one could drop a FWD sedan’s cradle assembly. I’ve done that once without a lift and it was a really PITA (I ended up lifting up the front end with a front end loader). 

Is it a “no brainer” to get the EXT version? 

I'm thinking about getting the SLX with the EXT frame extension, just so I can help friends that have compact cars do brake work, etc. It's more money and two more things to store, but I'd kick myself if I had a lift but it was too long to fit!