Simple Fuel Cap

18 hours ago, newdude said:

I've posted these elsewhere before on this forum, but GM makes locking caps for the K2 truck capless filler neck.

84009129 (2017)

84308352 (2018–2019 K2)

Thank you!

Edited by SS502
Bad information

1 hour ago, BillK01 said:

Yes sir.  It fits perfectly and is a nice soft rubber to it's easy on/off.

Well I couldn’t find what you have but the 2 inch works perfectly! $1.98 at Lowe’s ?

B771FC2A-22A2-4CFE-B43C-82C8112E109C.jpeg

Edited by SS502

3 minutes ago, RMR said:

Do they come in Crimson Tintcoat? :)

2 inches is fine - as long as it fits snug.

Hahahahaha!! I bet it would paint really easy, if I a different color truck I’d probably give it a try ?

16 hours ago, SS502 said:

I use a catch can too. Next time I go through rain or the self serve cars wash (sprayer only) I’ll grab a picture. Not sure what you mean by three doors but regardless, when it rains hard and I go to fill up, the flapper (that replaces the standard fuel cap we used to screw on until it started clicking) had water puddled up and it’s not much but it’s maybe a 1/2 teaspoon? If I just push on the flapper that water (and dirt) just drains right into the filler neck. I’m sure it gets filtered and whatnot but for $2.00 why not put a little somewhat loose fitting (let’s it vent) cap on there to prevent the water/dirt from ever getting in there? You run a catch can as a preventative course of action and they cost a whole lot more than a rubber/pvc/plastic or even a machined aluminum cap does. I’m picking one up today. Not saying you’re wrong, just using the same thought process as me buying my RXP catch can ?

Don't crap a picture, that sounds painful. Three doors: body door, first outer flapper (black), second inner flapper (mine is cream color). Agree that water and dirt could be pushed in by the fuel nozzle if it is there, so the cap makes sense to keep it from being there. 

7 hours ago, ftwhite said:

Don't crap a picture, that sounds painful. Three doors: body door, first outer flapper (black), second inner flapper (mine is cream color). Agree that water and dirt could be pushed in by the fuel nozzle if it is there, so the cap makes sense to keep it from being there. 

Haha...yeah I caught that and changed it cuz I’m already at Metamucil age ? I did not know about the second inner flapper! I always have water after a hard rain, dirt not so much. The cap I found was less than $2.00 so what the heck...and it matches my color pretty good ?

1 hour ago, newdude said:

Unsure where you looked, but both are more than available in GM's parts distribution network. 

When I Googled that (2018/19) part number the first site that came up said that...I didn’t look any further since I was already out (on my way to dealership for new headlight, different thread) and stopped by Lowe’s. I had a feeling I got bad info because when I showed my service manager my new “cap” he said they sell a cap and I thought about this very post...he did tell me that I certainly saved some money...then proceeded to sell me a touch-up paint pen ?

I edited that post as bad information ?

Edited by SS502

18 hours ago, newdude said:

I've posted these elsewhere before on this forum, but GM makes locking caps for the K2 truck capless filler neck.

84009129 (2017)

84308352 (2018–2019 K2)

There is a TSB referencing these part numbers...#17-NA-302

3201A7E6-CEC9-4CEF-87CB-C2754891471B.png

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

I looked up the locking gas cap at GMPartsgiant.com, found part number 20968135

$23.81 + shipping

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-cap-20968135.html?Make=GMC&Model=Sierra&Year=2018&Submodel=1500+4WD&Filter=()&Location=fuel-tank-filler-pipes-hoses,,3ca73ad3dead4e81111f81dde95bfb8c

I will stick with my PVC cap for now :D

Edited by Sierra_Hondo
  • Like 1