Gorehamj

GM Builds Silverado Entirely From Legos

2019-FullSize-LEGO-Silverado-01.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
1-19-2019

When it is time to throw down on credentials your author often resorts to "My team and I built a solar-electric race car from scratch in 1990." That's peanuts compared to the GM team that can now say "Our team built a full-scale Chevy Silverado out of Legos."  

LEGOSilverado03.jpg

Yes, GM and its partners, the Oxford Community School’s FIRST LEGO League and Detroit’s Ralph Waldo Emerson Elementary’s A World in Motion Program, have produced a life-like Lego Silverado Trail Boss. The build combines the Detroit Auto Show, GM's new marketing campaign for the Silverado, and a bagillion tiny cubes. 

2019-FullSize-LEGO-Silverado-05.jpg

“Chevrolet is once again thrilled to be working with Warner Bros. to integrate the brand and one of our most iconic products – Silverado – into ‘The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part,’” said Sandor Piszar, director of Chevrolet Truck marketing. “The themes of determination and teamwork in the new movie align perfectly with our Chevy brand values and we are sure that the all-new Silverado has the features, technologies and strength that would help Emmet, Lucy and their friends as they take on exciting new challenges.”

2019-FullSize-LEGO-Silverado-04.jpg

A team of 18 worked for 2,000 hours to create the Silverado out of about 400,000 lego blocks. The Lego Silverado weighs 3,300 pounds and has working lights. 

Those Legos probably cost more than the real truck :lol:

That is pretty sweet!

I like the body lines better on the lego truck, it wont rust as fast either. When can we order? 

• Like 2