Range device or Tune??

The way I look at it, this tune on Performance mode offers 23HP and 22Torque which is a huge amount more then a ANY CAI (cold air intake) could ever give plus cheaper and a hell of a lot easier to install [emoji4]

Sent from above

8 hours ago, Maverick4R said:

Get a range device or go ahead and get a tune?? What are you guys doing?

2018 Silverado CC 5.3L V8

Had the Range in my 14, set off the CEL constantly. Returned it for a new version, same story. Also the other thing I did not like was that your OBD II port is always in use, so you can not get reports from On Star, etc.. I know others like them, I was not a big fan.

The way I look at it, this tune on Performance mode offers 23HP and 22Torque which is a huge amount more then a ANY CAI (cold air intake) could ever give plus cheaper and a hell of a lot easier to install [emoji4]

Sent from above

That is apples to oranges comparison. Tune always unlock the potential of the combo. You can add a supercharger or turbo but it will not even work till the tune goes in. Then 200hp+ increase.
Can tunes are not available for 8speed on the new trucks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That is apples to oranges comparison. Tune always unlock the potential of the combo. You can add a supercharger or turbo but it will not even work till the tune goes in. Then 200hp+ increase.Can tunes are not available for 8speed on the new trucks.  Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

For those of you considering a CAI (cold air intake)? 400-500+$ maybe 1-5 hp gain with possibilities of losing hp versus SuperChips 20hp+ for 350$ in addition so much more added features. I have been looking at them, Edlebrock EForce. I do a Supercharger it’ll definitely be needing the tune but through the performance shop installing it along with dyno. Not doing it anytime soon, I think I’ve floored it twice in over a year.  

Sent from above

58 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

That is apples to oranges comparison. Tune always unlock the potential of the combo. You can add a supercharger or turbo but it will not even work till the tune goes in. Then 200hp+ increase.
Can tunes are not available for 8speed on the new trucks.

LOL....any type of mechanical forced induction will work immediately once the motor is started, simple physics. 

Gains will be greatly reduced but it will work. All the tune does is adjust timing (spark)/a/f mixtures. 

Edited by uood8

LOL....any type of mechanical forced induction will work immediately once the motor is started, simple physics. 
Then the software cant understand the maf table and the map cant possibly calculate for the air to get the fuel table right. Oh and because these trucks use torque based management to control everything. Even running truck will go into limp mod. And that is after it starts the reading being so far off it shifts the fuel tables and increase the idle. Supercharger also have a Baro issue as there isn't pressure on the intake but the "manifold" has pressure. So when the tb closes the engine get confused why there is still more air in the engine then the intake.
I love how people you the word work. Will it start? Yeah should. But what is the point of that? Goal is to have it run right. And that's tune.
Your statement is like saying will.my stock block handle 1000shot of nitrous or 20+ lbs. Sure it will....once. and that is simple physics or better yet common sense.

1 hour ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

You can add a supercharger or turbo but it will not even work till the tune goes in. 

You said it wouldn't work until the tune goes in, incorrect.

12 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Then the software cant understand the maf table and the map cant possibly calculate for the air to get the fuel table right. Oh and because these trucks use torque based management to control everything. Even running truck will go into limp mod. And that is after it starts the reading being so far off it shifts the fuel tables and increase the idle. Supercharger also have a Baro issue as there isn't pressure on the intake but the "manifold" has pressure. So when the tb closes the engine get confused why there is still more air in the engine then the intake.
I love how people you the word work. Will it start? Yeah should. But what is the point of that? Goal is to have it run right. And that's tune.
Your statement is like saying will.my stock block handle 1000shot of nitrous or 20+ lbs. Sure it will....once. and that is simple physics or better yet common sense.

You can't say it won't work until it is tuned, that implies that the tune makes the power which it doesn't. Tunes, even custom on non forced induction vehicles make very little power. I understand what you mean but people come here with 0 knowledge of the mechanics. 

You are all over the place, I can barely follow. A supercharger (what the silverado uses) replaces the intake manifold so I don't know what you mean about there not being pressure on the intake but the manifold having pressure?  But yes it would most likely go into limp mode if driven. It would depend on what the min/max values in the stock tables are if it would run or do more than idle, but would most certainly idle if i was betting.

You can't say it won't work until it is tuned, that implies that the tune makes the power which it doesn't. Tunes, even custom on non forced induction vehicles make very little power. I understand what you mean but people come here with 0 knowledge of the mechanics. 

You are all over the place, I can barely follow. A supercharger (what the silverado uses) replaces the intake manifold so I don't know what you mean about there not being pressure on the intake but the manifold having pressure?  But yes it would most likely go into limp mode if driven. It would depend on what the min/max values in the stock tables are if it would run or do more than idle, but would most certainly idle if i was betting.
Again the "work". Will it mechanically spin? Yes. But like most machinery is that part causes another part to fail and everything is limited or damaged or stops what's the point?
I do talk all over the place. Sorry it is how I think. Anyways what intake configuration are you talking about? And I can explain it to you.
Superchargers still have a manifold. Don't know why you would think they don't. It is under the charger and connects to the heads charger mounts on top of that. This is the spot one of the maps reads from to measure boost in bars. Like when you hear people say I have a 3 bar map.
Centrifugal superchargers mount in a way that the stock intake is left on the engine.
I can send you links to why the cars do NOT start without the tunes or base tunes. bb3dbbfe3472d492efa1d900caca7b6b.jpgcbe889c2279be3b685595e16011cb004.jpg

Oh also your statement again is a word play. Does the tune make the power? Yes and no the engine and combo make power. But give a tuner a truck and he and pull more power out. And the even stock engines that are na don't make much power tuned. Where do you get that from. 26rwhpmay not seem like a lot but what most people fail to understand is you dont have the listed power in the first place the stock tune blocks the factory power. So with the tune it feels and is way more power across the board.
I will see if I can find a stock dyno pull. And even that isn't real life and wheels are moving no tcs issues and in high gear.

The superchargers for the 5.3 replace the intake manifold (integrated), they don't bolt to the top of them. I'm not referring to a centrifugal supercharger, they are not easy bolt on's for the application we are talking about. During installation you remove the intake manifold and install the supercharger, it is a roots or screw type supercharger. I don't need you to explain any type of intake configuration, ive been doing this way to long. 

My statement is not a play on words, you are reading into it. I was referring to you stating that a supercharger/turbo will not make power until a tune is applied. The forced induction makes the power in that combination not the tune by comparison. And 26whp is small gains compared to the 80+ you can achieve from just a tune on a stock turbo vehicle.

Edited by uood8

I understand the supercharger you are speaking of replaces the stock intake manifold. 

I guess Magna charger is wrong and you should write them a email to help them out. Because it is called a manifold in there decryption of the part. and that is the are that has the sensor port for the one of 2 map sensors. Please see pic. 

Also please read how torque based configuration works. Also understand why it is limited.  

Are you talking about SC-SCIAP-TIAP? config. 

unless you are calling every part a supercharger even thought as stated it is NOT called that(see pic).

Image result for magnacharger lower manifold 2016 silverado175_truck_side_view_1024.jpg