2020 Sierra HD reveal

Outstanding, blows the chevy away in appearance.

The camera system will be great towing our 41' fifth wheel.

Hope the trade prices stay where they are or improve for low mile L5P's, I'll be around 28-30k mi when they become available :)

Mirrors still looks like shit. Now the cab and std bed look unporportional like a crew cab short bed 1500.

I do like it better than the Silverado and I'll def consider it, but I'm really liking the Ford HDs overall. Who am I kidding... Last 5 trucks have been high mile achieving, no problem having GM trucks!

They'll grow on all of us!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SilveradoX2 said:

I just read through the GMC Life webpage for the AT4 version.  The Duramax is NOT listed as an engine option?!  For a 2500HD?  That's screwed! 

https://www.gmc.com/gmc-life/trucks/introducing-the-first-ever-2019-sierra-at4

You didn't read / watch far enough.

Same diesel and specs as 2017-2019, but with a 10 speed allison.

Larger driveshaft.

New rear axles on all HD versions (probably part of the new tow ratings)

They are promising a least a 30,000 tow rating (listed on GM's website in bold red letters)

FIRST-EVER ALLISON® 10-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
The available 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel V8, which produces 445 horsepower and 910 lb-ft of torque, is paired with the all-new Allison® 10-speed automatic transmission – the first of its kind in the heavy-duty pickup segment. The all-new 10-speed transmission with closer gear spacing allows the engine to operate in an optimal range at all times with varying load and terrain conditions. This, combined with fortified components used throughout Sierra Heavy Duty's driveline, provides maximum torque to the wheels at all time

Edited by redwngr

3 hours ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

I'll never be able to afford it, but thats a nice looking rig! Soooo much nicer than the Chev HD.  Have to see some lower end models, not just the Denali and AT4, but overall, its a win in my books. 

There are shots of other trims on the TFL video and SLT pics on GMC site, including this frontal.

Next Generation Sierra HD Truck: SLT Trim

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, redwngr said:

You didn't read / watch far enough.

Same diesel and specs as 2017-2019, but with a 10 speed allison.

Larger driveshaft.

New rear axles on all HD versions (probably part of the new tow ratings)

They are promising a least a 30,000 tow rating (listed on GM's website in bold red letters)

FIRST-EVER ALLISON® 10-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
The available 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel V8, which produces 445 horsepower and 910 lb-ft of torque, is paired with the all-new Allison® 10-speed automatic transmission – the first of its kind in the heavy-duty pickup segment. The all-new 10-speed transmission with closer gear spacing allows the engine to operate in an optimal range at all times with varying load and terrain conditions. This, combined with fortified components used throughout Sierra Heavy Duty's driveline, provides maximum torque to the wheels at all time

Redwngr when I was reading the HD page at  https://www.gmc.com/gmc-life/trucks/introducing-next-generation-sierra-heavy-duty#performance, there is link to the AT4.  Rereading the AT4 article, it appears to be for the 1500 class truck.  GM needs to point to one for a 2500 HD AT4.

21 minutes ago, SilveradoX2 said:

Redwngr when I was reading the HD page at  https://www.gmc.com/gmc-life/trucks/introducing-next-generation-sierra-heavy-duty#performance, there is link to the AT4.  Rereading the AT4 article, it appears to be for the 1500 class truck.  GM needs to point to one for a 2500 HD AT4.

So far it looks like they just seem to have the HD AT4 blurbs in the main articles.  

Building on the bold foundations of the Sierra Heavy Duty pickup truck, AT4 delivers rugged design and off-road capability, giving you the power to go beyond the pavement.

Key Features:

Off-road suspension with Rancho® shocks and skid plates
Available 20" Goodyear® Wrangler all-terrain tires
Traction Select System with available Off-Road mode
Distinct black chrome exterior accents
Athletic Jet Black interior with Kalahari accents
Learn more about Sierra AT4 Heavy Duty on GMC Life.

AND

Sierra Heavy Duty continues GMC’s development of the new AT4 line by offering the first-ever Sierra AT4 Heavy Duty, which provides a bold, athletic, and unmistakable appearance, along with equipment designed to bolster off-road performance. Sierra AT4 Heavy Duty models feature body-color bumpers and grille surround, along with a unique grille pattern finished in black chrome. AT4 models also include distinctive red vertical recovery hooks†, along with 18- or 20-inch machined aluminum wheels with high gloss black accents – either available with off-road oriented all-terrain tires. AT4 models also include the advanced off-road equipment found in the aforementioned X31 off-road package.

This was the section that referred to the X31 off-road package:

When it comes to venturing off the beaten path, Sierra Heavy Duty provides off-road ability without sacrificing any heavy duty capability.  To assist in clearing rugged terrain, Sierra Heavy Duty models offer at least 10 inches of ground clearance, along with an improved approach angle, and a repositioned diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) tank on diesel models enabling additional clearance. The available X31 off-road package adds purposefully-tuned off-road suspension and Rancho shocks, and skid plates. Hill Descent Control – which leverages ABS braking technology delivers a smooth, controlled descent over uneven surfaces – is available, while Sierra Heavy Duty’s available Traction Select System optimizes powertrain calibrations, traction control settings, and stability control system calibrations for a variety of terrain and driving conditions.

Thanks redwngr, I know you to be the best source of info in these forums.  I thought I had the right stuff, but GM has a ton of stuff on all this.  20" Wranglers, hmmm.  Hope they will have all black wheels in 18" or 20".