Have a 2019 Custom Trailboss, V8 (AFM), 6-Speed, 3.42 (.43?) rear-end, @ 3k miles. I've noticed a tinging noise somewhere between the end of the block and trans-hump. I cant reproduce repeatedly on demand, but I've noticed when it occurs its typically low RPM at any speed and under some load. The vehicle operates fine, I usually give it more gas and it goes away, and no dummy lights on the dash. I typically drive like a granny so I'm easy on the pedal from a stop. If I had to guess its most likely because I'm riding right below a shift point, or something with a fuel rail. 

Wondering if this is a common sound and what causes it before I start going to bark at the dealership. With no dummy lights or repeatable ability to reproduce, I know its going to be "Our tech took it out for a spin and its fine. Go away."

Thanks,

The S.

I notice the same kind of noise on mine, 6.2 LTZ.  I park in an underground garage at the office and noises like that are easy to hear.  Same scenario with low speed, low rpm triggering the noise particularly when the engine is cold.  Since I can't really hear it when not in the garage I wasn't going to take it in to try and address it. Curious if it becomes a common complaint and they identify the cause.   

• 2 weeks later...

For myself it happens whether hot or cold. I've found it happens 2-5 gears mostly. I'm pretty much convinced its something with the shift, I did it today (luckily/unluckily) repeatable three times. I'm riding the shift point (unintentionally), I give it just a hair more gas, truck shifts and no noise. It sounds like a muted tin bell or injector chatter but its external somewhere around bellhouse/transmission.

The S. 

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 9:53 AM, Sizemore said:

Have a 2019 Custom Trailboss, V8 (AFM), 6-Speed, 3.42 (.43?) rear-end, @ 3k miles. I've noticed a tinging noise somewhere between the end of the block and trans-hump. I cant reproduce repeatedly on demand, but I've noticed when it occurs its typically low RPM at any speed and under some load. The vehicle operates fine, I usually give it more gas and it goes away, and no dummy lights on the dash. I typically drive like a granny so I'm easy on the pedal from a stop. If I had to guess its most likely because I'm riding right below a shift point, or something with a fuel rail. 

Wondering if this is a common sound and what causes it before I start going to bark at the dealership. With no dummy lights or repeatable ability to reproduce, I know its going to be "Our tech took it out for a spin and its fine. Go away."

Thanks,

The S.

It sounds like the fuel management