Terrible Feature - Truck Shuts Off On It's Own?!?!

rikhek

I also fail to see why you would want to leave your car running for longer than that.

If you are worried about it not being warm/cold, remote start it before you get back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, sethro274 said:

Its a safety feature so you dont pull up in your garage and kill yourself. 

Leave the key in the car and it wont quit. 

Wrong.  Read my post written in RED above.  You only get 1 hour with the FOB in the truck.  Sucks working/sleeping one hour at a time due to vehicle "setting".

• Like 2

Wrong.  Read my post written in RED above.  You only get 1 hour with the FOB in the truck.  Sucks working/sleeping one hour at a time due to vehicle "setting".

Buy a Ford/Ram then dude...

2 minutes ago, sethro274 said:

I also fail to see why you would want to leave your car running for longer than that.

If you are worried about it not being warm/cold, remote start it before you get back in.

Damn these forum's suck at times.  Another clueless clown with a need to post useless drivel.  I really don't care that you fail to see why I would want to leave it on.  Maybe if you read my post you'd see why I want it to continue to run.  I can't work in the dark and don't like sleeping when it's freezing outside with the wind howling.

Believe it or not some people buy trucks to work out of as in the oil field.  We work 24/7 and live in our trucks...

How would you like your house electric or heat or A/C to shut off every hour???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guys, no need to be nasty and sarcastic. Knock it off.

I would recommend leaving the truck in neutral with the parking brake on and perhaps the wheels chocked. I bet this would be a workaround. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MikeNH said:

Guys, no need to be nasty and sarcastic. Knock it off.

I would recommend leaving the truck in neutral with the parking brake on and perhaps the wheels chocked. I bet this would be a workaround. 

Also if it 4wd then put the T case in neutral.  This might keep it running.

From the manual:

If the vehicle is left parked and running with the RKE transmitter inside the vehicle, it will continue to run for up to an hour.

The vehicle could turn off sooner if it is parked on a hill, due to lack of available fuel.

The timer will reset if the vehicle is taken out of P (Park) while it is running.

I would maybe have both of your fobs with you, and possibly order a 3rd as a spare.  You can then leave one in the truck and it running, have one on you that way you can lock the doors and leave it running, and every hour, just take it out of park and back.  Or, neutral with the parking brake set?

I'm glad to see this topic brought up.  I just found this out this past weekend in the cold and snow...  It is very frustrating that it shuts off after 30 minutes with out the fob and after an hour with the keys inside.  I was working outside and left the truck running so I could duck in and worm up.  I was shocked that it was off after a few times of warming up.  If the keys are in the car it should allow you to keep it running.  Crazy way to keep us from "killing" ourselves...

• Like 2

On pipelines and utilities ROWS it’s not unusual for trucks to idle all day. Never saw a truck prematurely wear out from this. The only thing you had to be mindful of is your cats in tall grass. Gas and diesels alike.

• Like 2

Mine will only run 15 minutes before it shuts off. If the spare fob is left in vehicle the doors will not lock. I like to start mine from my phone app before I leave work. sucks that it only runs 15 minutes and shuts off and then you can only start it remotely one more time. Dealer says that this can not be changed, don' know if to believe him or not.

I am sympathetic to your problem, If I start my truck I want to decide when it goes off. Bout as ignorant as the auto stop start feature. Anyway might try MikeNH idea about setting in neutral and set parking brake its a good shot. 

• Like 1