Throttle Controller opinions

I wasn't able to find any definitive comments on here as to who offers the best throttle booster, anyone with first hand knowledge about adjustability and installation difficulty would be great to hear about before I go ahead and purchase a unit...

Thanks !

7 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Waste of time and money.  They do nothing but make your pedal less linear. 

^^^^ Exactly ^^^^

Save your money and put the truck in Tow/Haul mode.....same effect for free.

• Like 1

I bought the Pedal Commander for mine https://www.pedalcommander.com/product/pedal-commander-p4-pc65/?motor=6.2L+V8&v=7516fd43adaa

I love it. Way more responsive than tow mode and you have 36 different options for responsiveness. It makes every day drive ability better for me. I don't have to wait till the pedal tips over for kick down. I get better gas mileage as well. For less than $300 its worth it. 

• Like 2

Have you thought about getting the truck tuned? You will get way more for your money. This device will probably give them grounds to void powertrain warranty anyway as it communicates with the ECU so you might as well do it for more than just throttle response.   

9 hours ago, flyingfool said:

I'm sure it's a good product but the OBD interface sure looks to be a problem down the road...wonder why they didn't just make a dummy plug that contains the 2 pins?

I see potential application of this device for people with mobility challenges.  In the early 80's my mother-in-law switched to a vehicle with power brakes due to severe arthritis in her feet.  A device like this throttle controller could benefit those with impaired reflexes  or pain issues.  I find that my foot has a wide range of motion and will push faster or slower effortlessly as the need arises.  For the average driver this item would be a novelty mod and probably more of a nuisance than benefit.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I see potential application of this device for people with mobility challenges.  In the early 80's my mother-in-law switched to a vehicle with power brakes due to severe arthritis in her feet.  A device like this throttle controller could benefit those with impaired reflexes  or pain issues.  I find that my foot has a wide range of motion and will push faster or slower effortlessly as the need arises.  For the average driver this item would be a novelty mod and probably more of a nuisance than benefit.  

Agreed, the one thing I actually thought would be of use is the backing off feature...that may be of some use in ice/snow/mud when you don't really need instant on power but gradual tip-in. Unless I am at idle there is a significant need to feather the throttle in slick conditions.

This kind of product will get 2 sides. Those who say waste of time, doesnt do nothing and so on which is fine. I dont have it on my truck BUT i do have Sprint Booster on my 2011 BMW X5 diesel.

286hp 425TQ factory. X5 has a heavy pedal like the truck and yes if you mash on it it will get you to the same power range as having the booster on it.

Since i own one i will say its worth it to have it. No it doesn't add power but it gives you the impression that you have more power since a little push from the tip of your foot gets you what mashing the pedal will get you so it makes it feel faster. I love it for daily driving. Once in a while i will turn it off and you feel how much it was helping out real quickly.

If they have a free 30 day return then i say try it. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ozer said:

This kind of product will get 2 sides. Those who say waste of time, doesnt do nothing and so on which is fine. I dont have it on my truck BUT i do have Sprint Booster on my 2011 BMW X5 diesel.

286hp 425TQ factory. X5 has a heavy pedal like the truck and yes if you mash on it it will get you to the same power range as having the booster on it.

Since i own one i will say its worth it to have it. No it doesn't add power but it gives you the impression that you have more power since a little push from the tip of your foot gets you what mashing the pedal will get you so it makes it feel faster. I love it for daily driving. Once in a while i will turn it off and you feel how much it was helping out real quickly.

yes, i dont want more power I just want it down low in the rpm with less pedal travel... I also had a sprint booster on a 2005 SRT6 back in the day , it was amaizing but lacked tunability, it was too aggressive for the street, the pedal commander sounds perfect, cause I'm not interested in linear , laggy throttle 

Edited by flyingfool

10 hours ago, Ozer said:

I can do the same thing with the JB4 on my BMW; adjust the throttle response however I want it.  All it does it make it harder to control the rear end through corners and keep the engine where I need it.  I played with it a few times (very easy, adjusted with the steering wheel buttons) and hated it.  A linear pedal is the best way to go for proper throttle control. 

I can do the same thing with the JB4 on my BMW; adjust the throttle response however I want it.  All it does it make it harder to control the rear end through corners and keep the engine where I need it.  I played with it a few times (very easy, adjusted with the steering wheel buttons) and hated it.  A linear pedal is the best way to go for proper throttle control. 
Yes I'm familiar with JB4, had it on my 335i. It was fun.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk