Need help choosing the right 33x12.5 and 20x12 set up. Thinking BDS or Zone 4"

I think the wide track width looks best. This truck already had an awful turning radius and is a boat compared to my 2016 RAM. So no biggy there

Then you’re all set, good luck

Sent from above

Whats the main difference between going with coilovers and the bilstein? 

Price and ride quality. The fox coilover resis from bds are about $1600 and will have a fantastic ride, the 5100s are about $220 (pair) and will be a huge improvement from the shitty ranchos but not as good as coilovers. I didn’t go with coilovers because my truck is a DD and I’m not paying that much money for them to get ****ed up in the winter, so the bilsteins were a good compromise. In the rear i have fox 2.0s

It’s a lot easier to take my forces off for winter for my shitty chrome winter wheels then it would be to take off coilovers obviously lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Price and ride quality. The fox coilover resis from bds are about $1600 and will have a fantastic ride, the 5100s are about $220 (pair) and will be a huge improvement from the shitty ranchos but not as good as coilovers. I didn’t go with coilovers because my truck is a DD and I’m not paying that much money for them to get ****ed up in the winter, so the bilsteins were a good compromise. In the rear i have fox 2.0s

It’s a lot easier to take my forces off for winter for my shitty chrome winter wheels then it would be to take off coilovers obviously lol

Yeah i feel like my stock ride is pretty harsh actually. I live in St Louis though and the roads are the worst ive ever seen of anywhere. But i have always heard great things about 5100s. I could get the zone 4.5" for $1300 and then i saw i could get bilsteins 5100s for all 4 corners for $330 (amazon). So im looking at about $1700 roughly. I will have a shop install this lift for me. But what kind of price should i be looking at for a shop to do this install? couple hundred bucks? $500? $1000?

I have the ally GM max coverage 60k extended warranty also. Is it worth reaching out to ally and seeing if they will cover this kit if i have X shop install it? Im assuming that an actual chevy dealership wont touch it?

Yeah i feel like my stock ride is pretty harsh actually. I live in St Louis though and the roads are the worst ive ever seen of anywhere. But i have always heard great things about 5100s. I could get the zone 4.5" for $1300 and then i saw i could get bilsteins 5100s for all 4 corners for $330 (amazon). So im looking at about $1700 roughly. I will have a shop install this lift for me. But what kind of price should i be looking at for a shop to do this install? couple hundred bucks? $500? $1000?

I have the ally GM max coverage 60k extended warranty also. Is it worth reaching out to ally and seeing if they will cover this kit if i have X shop install it? Im assuming that an actual chevy dealership wont touch it?

The suspension lift shouldn’t affect the warranty at all except for suspension components. Any dealer that says otherwise sucks and i wouldn’t deal with. You should be able to get the Zone for 10% off at any good shop and install should be under $1000 with alignment

3 hours ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

What’s your setup?

Zone 4.5 , 5100's on lowest setting 

I went back and measured again...  chances are we are measuring different.. 

The bump is on a slant , center is a whole ...  on uca there is a slight curved or indented section ...  looks to be where the contact would take place if ever happened...  

Zone 4.5 , 5100's on lowest setting 
I went back and measured again...  chances are we are measuring different.. 
The bump is on a slant , center is a whole ...  on uca there is a slight curved or indented section ...  looks to be where the contact would take place if ever happened...  

It’s possible we measured right. Your 5100s are set at 0” and mine are set at 1.25” which would give you more of a gap from uca to stop

9 hours ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

It’s possible we measured right. Your 5100s are set at 0” and mine are set at 1.25” which would give you more of a gap from uca to stop

Yea , that's what I'm trying to figure out.. I'm about to remove the upper spacer and install coilovers. When I do gonna set the front slightly above level...  so was trying to determine if in fact I truly need new uca . It doesn't look like I have to but I will probably add them because i will have more shock travel. 

11 minutes ago, FlipZ71 said:

Yea , that's what I'm trying to figure out.. I'm about to remove the upper spacer and install coilovers. When I do gonna set the front slightly above level...  so was trying to determine if in fact I truly need new uca . It doesn't look like I have to but I will probably add them because i will have more shock travel. 

you definitely don't need to, but it also wouldn't hurt either lol. I'm 1" higher in the front (43.5" Front, and 42.5" rear) however the truck looks pretty level.