2017 on star removal

Anyone know how to disable this crap. they keep sending me emails on maint for the vehicle and odometer reading. I don`t even have a subscription . I believe  i saw a white up a while back detailing how to remove the module behind the radio & open it up to remove the communication chip then re-install. Anyone Have a link on the site or were i can find it.   Thanks

1 hour ago, benelli said:

Anyone know how to disable this crap. they keep sending me emails on maint for the vehicle and odometer reading. I don`t even have a subscription . I believe  i saw a white up a while back detailing how to remove the module behind the radio & open it up to remove the communication chip then re-install. Anyone Have a link on the site or were i can find it.   Thanks

The emails will stop after awhile. I would be afraid of all the stabiltrac systems being affected and the possibility of muliple CEL’s happening.  

8 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Careful, the truth is too abrasive around here. A moderator might ban you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, g2full said:

^^ What those guys said. So much easier to find the unsubscribe link in the e-mail, or mark it as junk mail and have your carrier automatically filter it out.

I just want to disable the Onstar don’t need to have them send me reminders of oil changes and things plus I think they probably send down software hits on your truck so you take it in for service.

46 minutes ago, benelli said:

I just want to disable the Onstar don’t need to have them send me reminders of oil changes and things plus I think they probably send down software hits on your truck so you take it in for service.

Hey man, you do you. But Onstar is always active. Even if you don't have a subscription it's my understanding that in an emergency if you press the emergency button they will help you. If you really want to tear your truck apart for something that can be fixed as simple as a 1 minute procedure such as unsubscribing for an e-mail, go for it. But if you really want rid of Onstar and don't want to fuss with the e-mail side of it maybe it's time to trade to a model that doesn't have that option. I believe it to be tied into a lot more systems that you think so disabling it will most likely cause you grief down the road.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, g2full said:

Hey man, you do you. But Onstar is always active. Even if you don't have a subscription it's my understanding that in an emergency if you press the emergency button they will help you. If you really want to tear your truck apart for something that can be fixed as simple as a 1 minute procedure such as unsubscribing for an e-mail, go for it. But if you really want rid of Onstar and don't want to fuss with the e-mail side of it maybe it's time to trade to a model that doesn't have that option. I believe it to be tied into a lot more systems that you think so disabling it will most likely cause you grief down the road.

Are you aware that they can control all your vehicle functions ! I can easly press the emergency button on my cell phone the same way. Explain to me the logic that onstar has about still being able to track and monitor your vehicle peramerters and functions. If your not paying for for any service . That crap is just another way for your dealership to bend your over for repairs. Gm owns onstar.doenst that make you think

Edited by benelli

Are you aware that they can control all your vehicle functions ! I can easly press the emergency button on my cell phone the same way. Explain to me the logic that onstar has about still being able to track and monitor your vehicle peramerters and functions. If your not paying for for any service . That crap is just another way for your dealership to bend your over for repairs. Gm owns onstar.doenst that make you think
Dude.... Take it easy.

Truth be told, unless you are the leader of a major crime syndicate or the reincarnated Osama Bin Laden, nobody is actively tracking you. Think of the amount of resources it would take for OnStar or whoever to track every single person and have full acute awareness of them? The data is there, sure. But who's looking at it? Answer: no one.

You are a speck in the ocean. Wrapping your truck in tin foil will only give off a greater reflection when the spy drone flies overhead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

• Like 3