2017 on star removal

22 minutes ago, benelli said:

Are you aware that they can control all your vehicle functions ! I can easly press the emergency button on my cell phone the same way. Explain to me the logic that onstar has about still being able to track and monitor your vehicle peramerters and functions. If your not paying for for any service . That crap is just another way for your dealership to bend your over for repairs. Gm owns onstar.doenst that make you think

"Big Brother" is already so far into our lives... Onstar being able to pull my vehicle up at any time and see what it's doing doesn't bother me. Onstar can't press a button and make your truck need service.... But like I said - you do you. I just fear that you're going to run into more issues with your truck disabling it because it's tied into multiple systems. Just some advice is all I was trying to give. But at the end of the day my truck will still function as it should. 

If you're that worried about it I would hope that you also don't use any modern cellphone. I would also hope that you're going to the public library for to use their internet connection. And I really hope you don't use one of those fancy boxes that help lower your car insurance by monitoring your driving habits.

Oh, and make sure no one around you has modern cellphones either. 

2 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Dude.... Take it easy.

Truth be told, unless you are the leader of a major crime syndicate or the reincarnated Osama Bin Laden, nobody is actively tracking you. Think of the amount of resources it would take for OnStar or whoever to track every single person and have full acute awareness of them? The data is there, sure. But who's looking at it? Answer: no one.

You are a speck in the ocean. Wrapping your truck in tin foil will only give off a greater reflection when the spy drone flies overhead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

^^This. 

I'll also add something to calm the paranoia, or increase it.

"Hiding in plain sight" is pretty effective. Just be normal. When someone goes out of their way to be secretive, that is much easier to spot. If you threw out all your computers and phones and connectivity, THAT would be a giant marker. Don't stand out. Blend in!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Lol this is like an episode of the x files. Nobody is saying we need to put on tin foil hats and drive around in our trucks . It’s more of neusance and . Tell me something if you go to the dealer for a rivet do they charge you for that item? Dam straight they will with tax. So no one can still explain it why onstar is actively monitoring your vehicle for no money. It’s not because they like you . Think what you like everyone has there opinions. But I don’t think I should have to call to have my car or truck not monitored. They should be calling me to ask that. Anyway I found a solution to the problem just today. Works great and all my systems work great. Even the transmission clunking has gone shifts great.

Are you aware that they can control all your vehicle functions ! I can easly press the emergency button on my cell phone the same way. Explain to me the logic that onstar has about still being able to track and monitor your vehicle peramerters and functions. If your not paying for for any service . That crap is just another way for your dealership to bend your over for repairs. Gm owns onstar.doenst that make you think
You still have 5 yrs of basic service regardless if you have a paid subscription. The email reminders are a part of that. I dont understand the part about the dealers being involved and services that you are complaining about, what do the dealers have to do with anything.

Lol this is like an episode of the x files. Nobody is saying we need to put on tin foil hats and drive around in our trucks . It’s more of neusance and . Tell me something if you go to the dealer for a rivet do they charge you for that item? Dam straight they will with tax. So no one can still explain it why onstar is actively monitoring your vehicle for no money. It’s not because they like you . Think what you like everyone has there opinions. But I don’t think I should have to call to have my car or truck not monitored. They should be calling me to ask that. Anyway I found a solution to the problem just today. Works great and all my systems work great. Even the transmission clunking has gone shifts great.

Actually if my vehicle is within bumper to bumper warranty I dont get charged anything. If its outside of that I do my own work.

On 1/24/2019 at 10:02 AM, benelli said:

I just want to disable the Onstar don’t need to have them send me reminders of oil changes and things plus I think they probably send down software hits on your truck so you take it in for service.

Are you kidding? They are definitely NOT sabotaging vehicles to need service.. That would be the end of GM if they got caught.. THE END.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1