Custom Trail Boss Console Upgrade?

1 minute ago, Jeffed said:

Of course. It was a bit difficult to order the parts initially.  My dealer is good to me and sourced it out, basically just one from the LT models.  I would have liked to change the bottom section too, but they gave up once they started adding all the parts. Not worth that money.

Though about the fog lights. Let me know, maybe I'll do that someday..

Actually, this may help too. The highlighted parts are what have to be removed.

CTB Console blowup.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We shale see I ordered the arm rest from GMpartsonline and its showing sent.  light were not hard to do it just needs to be flashed at the dealer to work. The hardest part was taking the fuse box apart to get to the pin connectors that took me a little while.

Nobody seems to understand... a custom trailboss is literally a prettied up W/T.  It's a base model optionless truck with nothing for amenities.  So yes price wise its attractive because you get nothing for the dollar but the looks on the exterior.  At work we get Custom Trailbosses or more basic SLE Gmcs.  Everyone likes how the Trailboss looks but nobody wants to drive them if they have a choice.  Between the lack of interior storage and totally optionless dash the Trailboss has the SLE is a way nicer truck.  The gmcs they get are about 5 grand higher sticker price and I won't doubt they will stop with the Trailboss as nobody likes them in the fleet.  The Custom Trailboss is a complete downgrade from the 18 and older Gms they run along with the F150s they can get... but hey.. it has a higher stance, faux dual exhaust and snazzy red tow hooks.

Edited by SierraHD17

3 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

Nobody seems to understand... a custom trailboss is literally a prettied up W/T.  It's a base model optionless truck with nothing for amenities.  So yes price wise its attractive because you get nothing for the dollar but the looks on the exterior.  At work we get Custom Trailbosses or more basic SLE Gmcs.  Everyone likes how the Trailboss looks but nobody wants to drive them if they have a choice.  Between the lack of interior storage and totally optionless dash the Trailboss has the SLE is a way nicer truck.  The gmcs they get are about 5 grand higher sticker price and I won't doubt they will stop with the Trailboss as nobody likes them in the fleet.  The Custom Trailboss is a complete downgrade from the 18 and older Gms they run along with the F150s they can get... but hey.. it has a higher stance, faux dual exhaust and snazzy red tow hooks.

mine has tons of options...need to add a few minor annoying things but for 35k otd it's the best w/t I have owned. At least you get to drive one at work, you prolly drive a tundra or prius at home

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

I agree with what you are saying but I did understand what it was. 

I wanted a good work truck with a towing package and 4WD and to go with another Tundra it was going to cost me an arm and leg vs a Trail Boss.  

I also love the full floor mats. 

Storage is disappointing and not having steering wheel controls. 

But in the big picture it is a truck. Unlike all the people in my part of town my truck gets used and isn’t just a fashion statement.

Ok who has the console installed?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeffed said:

I purchased the upper part of the armrest from the dealer for $490 Cdn$.  The bottom part apparently is multiple part and was super expensive (i think about $1000).  

Anyways, it was a bit of work, but at least I have a bit of storage.  I can deal with that issue now.

You need to remove the driver seat and will require a T50 and T55 bit. 

20190613_120503_resized.jpg

20190613_120514_resized.jpg

20190613_120518_resized.jpg

Is there an empty rectangle hole in that storage container where a USB port would be? 

13 hours ago, tomleo67 said:

mine has tons of options...need to add a few minor annoying things but for 35k otd it's the best w/t I have owned. At least you get to drive one at work, you prolly drive a tundra or prius at home

Lol.  No I don't drive one at work and everything I own is GM.  If I wanted a Trailboss I would get the LT... and wait to get a 6.2.  Owned a 2015 Tundra years back.. what a pile of junk lol.

Edited by SierraHD17

3 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

Lol.  No I don't drive one at work and everything I own is GM.  If I wanted a Trailboss I would get the LT... and wait to get a 6.2.  Owned a 2015 Tundra years back.. what a pile of junk lol.

ok so you don't drive one, you don't own one....wtf are you doing here?

On 6/13/2019 at 12:24 PM, Jeffed said:

Its that #8464-7286.

There are 5 clips that hold the two plastic side pieces on.  You could probably take the old ones out and use them, but I just got new ones.  Was worried that I would squish them. I'm a bit impatient sometimes.  The clips are #8426-3801 if you want.  They were $3.76 CDN.

Oops, the clips are  1154-9266.

• Like 1