The "Catch Can" Explained - By Elite Engineering

20 hours ago, Elite Engineering said:

Should have not effect at all, but just be sure you empty the Catch Can a little more often in the colder temperatures. 

So, I see on your website there is the original can, an E2 and an E2-X. I understand the E2 is larger than the original in terms of capacity. What does the X model add?

Good question.  The E2-X Catch Can has about the same capacity of our E2 Catch Can, but does include a bottom drain valve.  The bottom of the E2, like the "standard" catch can unscrews for emptying.  Both the E2-X and E2 Catch Cans have the ability to be completely disassembled for cleaning or inspection. 

29 minutes ago, Elite Engineering said:

Good question.  The E2-X Catch Can has about the same capacity of our E2 Catch Can, but does include a bottom drain valve.  The bottom of the E2, like the "standard" catch can unscrews for emptying.  Both the E2-X and E2 Catch Cans have the ability to be completely disassembled for cleaning or inspection. 

So the "X" just eliminates having to unscrew the canister for emptying and simply allows you to empty via a hose or other connection?

8 hours ago, bkesting said:

So, I see on your website there is the original can, an E2 and an E2-X. I understand the E2 is larger than the original in terms of capacity. What does the X model add?

There’s also the e2x ultra that I have on mine.  It’s even larger than the regular x and e2. I love mine! 

6F25E149-A8ED-43F2-912A-AAE7529D3136.jpeg

Spoke to my dealer this morning after having some service work done.  Told me a catch can would absolutely void my powertrain warranty, as would any other modification.  Even a lift kit would void warranty on any suspension issues.

I still plan on installing one, just guess will make sure to remove and return to stock before ever taking into a dealership

Spoke to my dealer this morning after having some service work done.  Told me a catch can would absolutely void my powertrain warranty, as would any other modification.  Even a lift kit would void warranty on any suspension issues.

I still plan on installing one, just guess will make sure to remove and return to stock before ever taking into a dealership
I bought the replacement crankcase hose. I heated the ends to remove the connectors and used them to make the catch can connections. Nice and simple when you go to dealership.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, joesan5 said:

I bought the replacement crankcase hose. I heated the ends to remove the connectors and used them to make the catch can connections. Nice and simple when you go to dealership.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's awesome

On 1/22/2018 at 7:12 AM, martha3065 said:

]Does sea foam actually do anything to the DI engines?

Edited by Orlando8