The "Catch Can" Explained - By Elite Engineering

I’ve done a bunch of reading here and am still confused by which options to get (Or which brand for that matter). I have a ‘15 Sierra 6.2 with 33k miles. About 2k miles ago I had the dealership do the intake cleaning which seemed to help with cold idling- I live in Santa Barbara so my cold isn’t really cold. I’d like to prevent more buildup on the intake valves.

43 minutes ago, Red_5 said:

I’ve done a bunch of reading here and am still confused by which options to get (Or which brand for that matter). I have a ‘15 Sierra 6.2 with 33k miles. About 2k miles ago I had the dealership do the intake cleaning which seemed to help with cold idling- I live in Santa Barbara so my cold isn’t really cold. I’d like to prevent more buildup on the intake valves.

There's a ton of information out there, but bottom line.... you won't find a better performing Catch Can than the Elite Engineering E2 or E2-X Catch Cans. 

The E2 Catch Can comes complete with hoses, mounting bracket, and all hardware, but does not include the Clean Side Separator or Exit check valve (these can be added as options).  

The E2-X Catch Can "Kit" includes (1) exit check valve and (1) Clean Side Separator.

The Dual Exit port Catch Can is great, but it does require you to drill and add a plastic fitting into your intake tube for the 2nd port.

The check valve is a nice adder, but not a necessity.  When installed, it keeps the Catch Can from getting pressurized on forced induction or turbo vehicles.

Let us know if you have any questions, we can always be reached at [email protected]

5 hours ago, Elite Engineering said:

There's a ton of information out there, but bottom line.... you won't find a better performing Catch Can than the Elite Engineering E2 or E2-X Catch Cans. 

The E2 Catch Can comes complete with hoses, mounting bracket, and all hardware, but does not include the Clean Side Separator or Exit check valve (these can be added as options).  

The E2-X Catch Can "Kit" includes (1) exit check valve and (1) Clean Side Separator.

The Dual Exit port Catch Can is great, but it does require you to drill and add a plastic fitting into your intake tube for the 2nd port.

The check valve is a nice adder, but not a necessity.  When installed, it keeps the Catch Can from getting pressurized on forced induction or turbo vehicles.

Let us know if you have any questions, we can always be reached at [email protected]

Thanks. I called and left a message. Not sure what the differences are between the E2 and E2x. I’m pretty sure I constructed them to have the same features but ended up with different prices. Hopefully I’ll get a call back.

22 hours ago, Red_5 said:

Thanks. I called and left a message. Not sure what the differences are between the E2 and E2x. I’m pretty sure I constructed them to have the same features but ended up with different prices. Hopefully I’ll get a call back.

Thanks for your message and phone call.   Our E2 an E2-X are both very good performing Catch Cans, we think the absolute best in the industry.  One thing that might be a little confusing on the price, the E2-X Catch Can "Kit" includes the Clean Side Separator and Check Valves.  The E2 does not, but these can be added as options.  That's the main difference in the price.  While the E2-X has a ball valve at the bottom for draining, the E2 Catch Can has a screw-off bottom for emptying and cleaning.  Both Catch Cans be completely disassembled if needed.

Anyone have an AFE CAI with a dual exit catch can?

If so, did you drill a hole at top center close to the TB for the 2nd exit?

I'm waiting on some answers as to connecting the 2nd exit since my CAI has a port right at the TB where the CSS hose will connect to.

I could drill a hole top center on the CAI close to the TB, but then I'll have the 2nd exit hose and CSS hose next to each other and I'm waiting on an answer if this will be okay or not?

Playing the Jeopardy theme song here....

Edited by RDKILL

On 9/17/2018 at 11:32 PM, RDKILL said:

I'm waiting on some answers as to connecting the 2nd exit since my CAI has a port right at the TB where the CSS hose will connect to.

I could drill a hole top center on the CAI close to the TB, but then I'll have the 2nd exit hose and CSS hose next to each other and I'm waiting on an answer if this will be okay or not?

You can use the second connection on you CAI and that will work perfectly without having to drill any additional holes.

PM me any other questions.

Joe

On 9/17/2018 at 9:32 PM, RDKILL said:

Hey Woody,

What you will need to do is to connect (bridge) both valve covers together.  You will then replace the oil fill cap with our cleanside separator (CSS). Run a hose from the barb on the CSS (1/2") to the barb closer to the MAF sensor than the throttle body.  The second outlet from the can with checkvalve flowing AWAY from the can to the barb closest to the throttle body.

Center of our Catch Can connects to the valley barb located below the throttle body on the driverside's of the TB.

First outer fitting to the intake manifold barb that did connect direct to the valley barb originally.

No need to drill a hole.

13 hours ago, Orlando8 said:

Joe, sent you a PM with pictures that you asked for...……………...

Didn't get a PM or pics...but I think I have it sorted out.

Thank you!

10 hours ago, JoeCCS said:

You can use the second connection on you CAI and that will work perfectly without having to drill any additional holes.

PM me any other questions.

Joe

Thank you for the confirmation to what I thought would work, and wanted to know if anyone else had the same CAI.

Looking at the set up on YT it seemed like I didn't have to drill a hole.

9 hours ago, Elite Engineering said:

Hey Woody,

What you will need to do is to connect (bridge) both valve covers together.  You will then replace the oil fill cap with our cleanside separator (CSS). Run a hose from the barb on the CSS (1/2") to the barb closer to the MAF sensor than the throttle body.  The second outlet from the can with checkvalve flowing AWAY from the can to the barb closest to the throttle body.

Center of our Catch Can connects to the valley barb located below the throttle body on the driverside's of the TB.

First outer fitting to the intake manifold barb that did connect direct to the valley barb originally.

No need to drill a hole.

Thank you Steve for verifying and confirming the set up.

It was great working with you, and now it's just a matter of delivery.