If I delete ALL my photos from "My Attachments" ...

Jsdirt

... will they also be deleted from each thread I posted them in? Or, will those pictures stay?

I experimented on one thread where I deleted a duplicate pic from My Attachments, and the pic remained in the thread .. but I want to be 100% sure before I trash all of them. I've reached the bandwidth limit of photos in there, so I'd like to delete them all - I just don't want empty spaces in all my past threads, like when Photobucket screwed everybody a couple years back ...

Any help is appreciated. :cheers:

Edited by Jsdirt

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure if you delete the stored photo, it will disappear from the thread. As I recall an offensive picture was uploaded and linked to in several threads, I deleted the pic from the users acct and the pics disappeared.  I may be remembering this wrong. Josh may have some insight on this. I've contacted him for more info

Edited by txab
  • Thanks 1

Yes, The my attachment feature is meant to allow you to have control over the content you have uploaded to the site. 

By default every member has 100mb. Supporting members get 250mb.

Attachments are automatically deleted if the content they are attached to is deleted or the attachment is removed from them.
When this option is enabled, users in this group will be able to delete attachments from the My Attachments page. When they do so, anywhere the attachment was used will then contain a broken image or link.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, I had a feeling this was so. Thanks for confirming it, txab and Josh. :cheers:

• Like 1

Not sure on that. After they blocked me from accessing my own photos and tried extorting money out of me to get them back, I deleted the link from my desktop and moved to Postimages.org .

I just managed to log in again - found this message: (can't see any of my pics there, so I assume they're still trying to get money out of me)

Follow

Proudly Hosted On Photobucket Watermark

Photobucket hosts over 30 million images for free every day! In order to keep our basic hosting services absolutely free for all members, we overlay a “proudly hosted on Photobucket” watermark on all images that are displayed by our free members on sites other than photobucket.com.

By watermarking images, we are able to reduce our brand marketing expenses to offset our bandwidth costs. Everyone wins!

If you prefer your images to remain watermark-free, we invite you to upgrade to one of our affordable plans that includes enhanced hosting services starting at $4.03/month (billed annually). 

To view the plans, click on this link: http://photobucket.com/plans/

Was this article helpful?

5 out of 17 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request
Edited by Jsdirt