In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Stereo guys get in here before I waste money

I've heard them both outside of the truck and as I said the console stealthbox is not enough and the crewcab box is to much unless your upgrading and amping the speakers as well.

The console box has a single tw1 which is a single 2Ω voice coil which is a 2Ω load. (rated at 300w)

The Crew cab box is two TW3 which is a double 8Ω but wired in parralel for a overall 2Ω load. (rated 800W total)

The RD1000 provides 1000w @ 2Ω. So its their best matched amp for the crew cab box.

you can always combine an enclosure that fits one side (eg: GM1X10-CREW14UP = $69) , with a driver from JLAudio (eg: 10W3v3-4 = $239), and the RD1000/1 = $500; and be in it for $800+ install.

Once that is setup, you have the option to double up on the other side in the back, with existing amp and install; or cut out the single enclosure to fit a 12, to get more oomph! If you double up, you've basically created a $1100 Stealthbox like system, but if one 12" or one 10" turns out to be enough, you saved some money.   

Good luck. I predict once you have good bass, you'll talk yourself into speakers, and you'll need another amp for those, and a processor....so much for your cry for sanity in the OP :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ftwhite said:

you can always combine an enclosure that fits one side (eg: GM1X10-CREW14UP = $69) , with a driver from JLAudio (eg: 10W3v3-4 = $239), and the RD1000/1 = $500; and be in it for $800+ install.

Once that is setup, you have the option to double up on the other side in the back, with existing amp and install; or cut out the single enclosure to fit a 12, to get more oomph! If you double up, you've basically created a $1100 Stealthbox like system, but if one 12" or one 10" turns out to be enough, you saved some money.   

Good luck. I predict once you have good bass, you'll talk yourself into speakers, and you'll need another amp for those, and a processor....so much for your cry for sanity in the OP :rolleyes:

The only scenario that this would work for is to buy a either a DVC 2Ω or a SVC 4Ω sub any other configuration you will have bad results. Mixing different impedances is bad.

> <a href=https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2019_01/EC5DF683-0E87-4BA1-8B0B-7D2B36F5E609.thumb.png.19e39a9195196808153a456820006892.png' alt='EC5DF683-0E87-4BA1-8B0B-7D2B36F5E609.thumb.png.19e39a9195196808153a456820006892.png'>

9B727979-1051-4A3D-A838-FBC99291FB45.thumb.png.5beb8eeb085b5258bdf95582c0dc6376.png

I have this is my 2016 Silverado. It works well. They are expensive, but They are great quality. If I remember right, you have 2 options with the wiring. It’s either 2 ohm or 4 ohm. I chose the 4 and matched the amp to the box. Also had the bass know and a line driver installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sallenthornton said:

I have this is my 2016 Silverado. It works well. They are expensive, but They are great quality. If I remember right, you have 2 options with the wiring. It’s either 2 ohm or 4 ohm. I chose the 4 and matched the amp to the box. Also had the bass know and a line driver installed.

So you do actually have this in your truck!? What kinda power are yo putting to it? And does it hit pretty good?

1 hour ago, BT3 said:

Bought the center console box, good but not overwhelming 

had to deaden the centerconsole with fattmatt to keep from rattling 

This site has options as well

https://www.mtiacoustics.com/

Yah a good guy on another site recommend the mti spot so I’m comparing the two basically it will be the stealthbox or on of theirs

So you do actually have this in your truck!? What kinda power are yo putting to it? And does it hit pretty good?

Yes. I have the JL Audio stealth box in my truck. I can’t remember which amp I have, but It’s a JL Audio mono-block amp with the bass knob. I’m happy with it. I spent 16 years in the 12 volt industry as an installer and I think it hits pretty good. I have no regrets with my purchase.