LED tail lights (especially Winjet)

Yes, another LED tail light thread.

I will be doing this mod soon. I really like the Winjet design, because they look so unique. Any comments on the quality of these lights? Or comments (pics preferred) on any other lights you like?

Thx

Shakey

2 minutes ago, rudyb said:

Bruh. It’s only been 5 hrs from the initial post lol. But to answer the question, I don’t have aftermarket lights. 

Well, you know how this thing works in ANY forum. Make it off the first page and it's history.......

Well, you know how this thing works in ANY forum. Make it off the first page and it's history.......
I saw those winjets. I didn't know how they would hold up here in northern Ohio.
I love them. Let me know how they work out.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yes, another LED tail light thread.  

I will be doing this mod soon. I really like the Winjet design, because they look so unique. Any comments on the quality of these lights? Or comments (pics preferred) on any other lights you like?

Thx

Shakey

I bought some aftermarket LED tails last spring, and love the way they look. The closest model I can find like mine are currently called Axial Smoked (americantrucks.com). I wasn't sure I would like the configuration when I ordered them, but they were the least expensive smoked lens I could find at the time. I must have gotten lucky since those are running twice the price now. As it turns out, they work very well as replacements in my Summit White truck. Quality was good, and my guess is that most will be fine for our application since the tails don't get the pounding that headlights do. My 2016 needed an unusual 3ohm resistance to prevent hyperflash (most need 6ohm) but other than that it's an easy plug and play upgrade.

FWIW I replaced the high brake/cargo light with a smoked lens and that one was not as good. Be wary of the model if you choose to do that mod.

The truck is REALLY dirty right now (and more snow on the way so it is what it is right now) but I took a quick snap since I couldn't find any of the tail.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

0ce23d2db0df05b093b6e5d4261bb540.jpg

I have the winjets on my 14 silverado.  Ive had them on for about 2-3 years and havent had a single issue.  No burned out LED's or leaks and the fitment is perfect.  They come with nice resistors to fix hyperflash too, at least mine did.  This is the only pic i have right now.  No issues with the OLED running light bars either.  The brake light LEDS are nice and bright too.

20190104_184735.jpg

Edited by DirtyMarcus

5 hours ago, DirtyMarcus said:

I have the winjets on my 14 silverado.  Ive had them on for about 2-3 years and havent had a single issue.  No burned out LED's or leaks and the fitment is perfect.  They come with nice resistors to fix hyperflash too, at least mine did.  This is the only pic i have right now.  No issues with the OLED running light bars either.  The brake light LEDS are nice and bright too.

20190104_184735.jpg

That looks good. I will probably end up with these.

Shakey

• Like 1

I recently purchased the Recon smoked tails. No issues thus far it’s only been about two months though. So far they’ve held up with all our negative temp and snow here is IL. 

Only quality issue I had was I noticed some of the electrical connections were not properly heat shrunk. Other then that they were plug and play.