6.6 gas

27 minutes ago, gearheadesw said:

February reveal, for an engine that's due out in the summer....Like I said not enough testing.

I’m sure GM has done testing on it. For all we know, they could have thrown it in a k2 truck and have been testing it under the radar for a couple years. 

• Like 3

I am definitely a potential user of it.   I’m fine with gas but might want a bit more oomph then the current 6.0 

My big reasoning with gas is that I’m familiar with maintenance on them.  I’m a diesel neophyte and would be starting from square 1.   Someone told me about glow plugs and I’m imagining little glow worms on plugs 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Polo08816 said:

They better make the 10 speed auto available with the gas eventually.

Considering that they just mated the 10-speed with the 6.2L in the 1500 series, it would only make sense to do the same for the HD gas engine with the HD 10-speed transmission.

7 hours ago, ApertureX said:

Considering that they just mated the 10-speed with the 6.2L in the 1500 series, it would only make sense to do the same for the HD gas engine with the HD 10-speed transmission.

That is a light duty 10 speed, Ford uses it too.

11 hours ago, MORSNO said:

That is a light duty 10 speed, Ford uses it too.

Yes, but the Duramax at the GMC release had the HD 10 speed Allison Transmission attached to it. There is no reason that GM can't mate that transmission to the new gas.

17 hours ago, redwngr said:

They have already said the 6.6 gas will have a 6 speed.

This is speculation at this point, just like everything else that we 'know' about the new engine. Could be a 6, 8, or 10 speed transmission.

Hopefully, they will release some details at the Chicago Auto Show next week about the Chevy HD's that will give us information about the drive-trains since they will most likely be identical.

Edited by ApertureX