6.6 gas

2 hours ago, Jollygreengiant said:

"Gets just as good mileage as any other gas HD engine."

Well if you mean some of the worst than sure. Ford's 6.2 will do a touch better, while the Ram 6.4 isn't even close. Guys I know with that engine are 3-5 mpg better than the 6.0 under similar driving. 

So you have no first hand experaince!! And youll believe what guys driving the competition are going to say? LOL.  Yes all HD gas engines get bad mileage!  Continue to drive your 1500 like i said. And while towing none of these trucks. Ford / Dodge /Or Gm get better than 8 or 9 mpg.   And sorry but never heard of any Dodge or ford getting 18-20mpg.  Maybe if you drive the absolute speed limit with zero weight in the truck and in a Completely Flat Province or state. Otherwise not gunna happen.   OH wait. and they still cant pull the same load up the same hill any faster! :)

Edited by 2016HD
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jollygreengiant said:

Well if you mean some of the worst than sure. Ford's 6.2 will do a touch better, while the Ram 6.4 isn't even close. Guys I know with that engine are 3-5 mpg better than the 6.0 under similar driving. 

None of the HD gas engines get great mpg. And the 6.4 Hemi does NOT get 3-5 mpg better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jollygreengiant said:

It could. I'd also say that if he can drive in a way that gets 16.0 out of a 6.0 he should be getting 18+ out of the 6.4. 

Possibly.   And yes you can get over 15 with a 6.0l I even did it regularly with my 2001HD with 4 speed. .   

However the extra 2mpg while unloaded and cruising still doesnt get you to the top of the hill faster than the old out dated under powered 6.0l LOL 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2016HD said:

Possibly.   And yes you can get over 15 with a 6.0l I even did it regularly with my 2001HD with 4 speed. .   

However the extra 2mpg while unloaded and cruising still doesnt get you to the top of the hill faster than the old out dated under powered 6.0l LOL 

Full minute slower with the big bad 6.4 lol.  Must be really making so much more power

.. haha.

13 hours ago, Jollygreengiant said:

The RAM 6.4 mileage is terrible with a heavy load like a camper, the lie-o-meter says 13mpg, hand calculation will be 9-10, exactly the same as my 6.0.  Empty, the RAM 6.4 mileage is better than the 6.0 by about 2mpg.  I'm really hoping this new 6.6 knocks it out of the park with decent mileage, good power, and the same or better durability as the 6.0.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 9:49 PM, brendon444 said:

No, it’s 2020. I expect my truck to perform and evolve.  My 1/2 ton is great and am amazed in the advancements made between my 6.2 LS based engine I previously had and now 6.2 direct injection engine. Mileage greatly improved and performance.

Why is it wrong to expect the same out the of the new 6.6. 

The 4.10 gearing comment. That’s why these trucks need a 10 speed. Better overall ratio for highway cruising but still have a lower first gear than the 4.10’s 

You guys are living in the Stone Age. I expect 2500 hd’s To evolve as the half tons did. The 2500hd gas market desperately needed a refresh. Hopefully 2021 gets the updated trans. 

To bad they are putting the 6 speed behind the 6.6. They could still have the 4:10 as an option.

• Like 1