Spend my money... aka help me chose tires

LOL, trying to disagree with certain people will never work no matter how much first hand experience you have with the item. They will argue with a wall so keep that in mind. If they made K02's in 22's id have a set. Surprised they didn't try to bring up the CST coil overs yet and plug that in somehow. There are some people who just don't know when to shut up and understand they people can different experiences. Make your suggestion and move on. It is funny to see how it doesn't click though. Good luck OP. Apparently if you don't buy Ridge Grapplers you are an idiot even though that wasn't one of your final picks. 

• Haha 1

LOL, trying to disagree with certain people will never work no matter how much first hand experience you have with the item. They will argue with a wall so keep that in mind. If they made K02's in 22's id have a set. Surprised they didn't try to bring up the CST coil overs yet and plug that in somehow. There are some people who just don't know when to shut up and understand they people can different experiences. Make your suggestion and move on. It is funny to see how it doesn't click though. Good luck OP. Apparently if you don't buy Ridge Grapplers you are an idiot even though that wasn't one of your final picks. 

You mean side liners that jump into a conversation completely unrelated with an attempt to add an idiotic response just to make themselves feel better, yeah, that’s duly noted, lmao [emoji1787]

Sent from above
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

You mean side liners that jump into a conversation completely unrelated with an attempt to add an idiotic response just to make themselves feel better, yeah, that’s duly noted, lmao emoji1787.png

Sent from above

See what im saying? They don't know when to shut up. I used to have them blocked at the recommendation of several people here who do the same thing but now its comical how ignorant people are. Keep it up Tex you are my comic relief. :lurk:

Y’all are funny.  Honestly, I’d buy a set of ridge graps if they were severe weather rated.  They definitely clean out mud better than my ko2s.  I’m assuming txgreek is from Texas and there’s no need for snow traction.  Ridge graps would be the perfect tire for that.  I’d never run a lt tire in the low 40’s, especially on a hd.  80psi would only be fully loaded.  

• Like 1

Y’all are funny.  Honestly, I’d buy a set of ridge graps if they were severe weather rated.  They definitely clean out mud better than my ko2s.  I’m assuming txgreek is from Texas and there’s no need for snow traction.  Ridge graps would be the perfect tire for that.  I’d never run a lt tire in the low 40’s, especially on a hd.  80psi would only be fully loaded.  

The crazy thing about it is that I really wanted them (KO2’s) to workout, taking them to dealership and tire stores just couldn’t get them to work on two separate vehicles, that’s not a coincidence. I’m very happy with my Nitto Ridge Grapplers and do use them as AT’s too. Are they the best??? Wouldn’t say that but one thing is for certain, they’re excellent riding tires with Zero negatives towards them. Two nights ago my wife turned to sharp and smacked a curb, I thought oh boy time for a new rim, nothing but dust on the tire and completely protected the rim, wow!

Btw, there’s a chart psi weight chart that’ll give you psi to weight and NO there’s zero issues with my Nittos running at 40 psi. These tires are E rated tires on a half ton truck, 40psi is 2400 lbs each and at 45 is 2600lbs each. Combined is 10k lbs and at 80 psi their rated 4080 lbs EACH! So many people just don’t realize that you do not air them up max air, you air them up based on your weight or else it’ll ride like a 1ton truck and over inflated will wear centers out. I’ve been doing this since a teenager from 4Runners to Land cruisers, HD trucks, lots of SUV’s and half tons with absolutely zero negative effects.

Sent from above

Well trying to get back on topic...

Does anyone know if I installed a set of bilstein 5100s and set them to like 1.2 or 1.8 if I could fit 33x12.5 without rubbing on an 18x10 rim?

Or what the largest and widest size I can fit on stock rims?

I don't mind pulling the plastic back like some people or trimming a little either.

I want to do the lift kit but I had something come up and might not be able to drop over 4k on tires and wheels and lift kit. 

Texas, what we have revealed is that the KO2s are designed to run more air possibly due to their lighter construction compared with the tire that is currently tolerating your low pressures.  That's all folks.

Was the sun hitting you from the right side?  I see that all the time, drive me nuts!  LOL

• Like 1

Texas, what we have revealed is that the KO2s are designed to run more air possibly due to their lighter construction compared with the tire that is currently tolerating your low pressures.  That's all folks.

Was the sun hitting you from the right side?  I see that all the time, drive me nuts!  LOL

We? Who’s we, You’ve got worms or something?

You really do have some serious insecurity issues. You’re running them and they’re working for you, happy for you. Not everyone is happy with them and that’s stated. I’ll take it as an inferiority complex you’ve got there and it’s just what you do. I’m more than happy with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and I’m sure there are those not happy with them too, who cares but you’ve really got to stop thinking about me so much.

Sent from above

2 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

We? Who’s we, You’ve got worms or something?

You really do have some serious insecurity issues. You’re running them and they’re working for you, happy for you. Not everyone is happy with them and that’s stated. I’ll take it as an inferiority complex you’ve got there and it’s just what you do. I’m more than happy with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and I’m sure there are those not happy with them too, who cares but you’ve really got to stop thinking about me so much.

No, no Texas, you've got me figured all wrong.  I'm generally inquisitive and when you mentioned your troubles with the tire I figured that there must be something to it.  By my asking and you answerin', we established that these tires are of lighter construction than the Nittos for example, and do not like to run on so little air.  That's it.

Now about that signature, were you a bombardier or missile man?  

• Like 1

No, no Texas, you've got me figured all wrong.  I'm generally inquisitive and when you mentioned your troubles with the tire I figured that there must be something to it.  By my asking and you answerin', we established that these tires are of lighter construction than the Nittos for example, and do not like to run on so little air.  That's it.

Now about that signature, were you a bombardier or missile man?  

N/A, I’ll leave you guessing since it is what you do lol. Be safe

Sent from above
  • Haha 1

one other big improvement for me with the Ridge Grappler over the Ko2. the Ko2 sling rocks like no other tire ive experienced. and they hold them for miles to throw at random. i have a gravel yard that my trucks (18 wheelers) park on so im in gravel daily the Ridge Grapplers do not sling any rocks that i can tell. or at least i dont hear them like i did on my old Denali maybe this truck will still have paint on the rockers after a year or two

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bhales said:

one other big improvement for me with the Ridge Grappler over the Ko2. the Ko2 sling rocks like no other tire ive experienced. and they hold them for miles to throw at random. i have a gravel yard that my trucks (18 wheelers) park on so im in gravel daily the Ridge Grapplers do not sling any rocks that i can tell. or at least i dont hear them like i did on my old Denali maybe this truck will still have paint on the rockers after a year or two

I can attest to that, they sling rocks and have chipped my paint and they do not hold mud but rather deliver it all over my running boards, same with water!  That is good but I should have put on mud flaps front and rear!

https://www.extremecustoms.com/realview-vehicle.php?c=12010&v=1&c-vid=37837

So I just came across this set up... 35x12.5 tires on 18x10 rims -12 offset ok only a one inch level. I actually really ike this look. I also know I could get at least two inches from the bilstein 5100s. This also gives me a slightly wider stance and will make the truck sit higher. What are your guys thoughts? I only have the 4.3l so I worry about 35s a little but thinking this could be a really good option for me instead of a full on lift kit.

• Like 1

https://www.extremecustoms.com/realview-vehicle.php?c=12010&v=1&c-vid=37837
So I just came across this set up... 35x12.5 tires on 18x10 rims -12 offset ok only a one inch level. I actually really ike this look. I also know I could get at least two inches from the bilstein 5100s. This also gives me a slightly wider stance and will make the truck sit higher. What are your guys thoughts? I only have the 4.3l so I worry about 35s a little but thinking this could be a really good option for me instead of a full on lift kit.

Not intended to upset any v6 owners out there but you’re asking for trouble putting that much more strain on that V6. There are countless amounts of folks that have done what you’re looking at doing only to be forced to add new gears along with engine mods but still having bad mpg’s. I’d just do a very minor level and stick with skinny 33”’s. Good luck

Sent from above

That's funny as hell, sorry but they didn't just start making this stuff 4 years ago. Today's V-6 has the horsepower and TQ of past V-8s. Add to that more transmission gears. No problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk