1.5” Leveling Kit on High Country

• 4 weeks later...

@eppieguy So which route did you take to install the lower strut spacer? Loosen upper/lower ball joints...tie rod ends...and sway bar links? Or you tube “easy route” lift truck from front center...remove lower strut bolts and sneak in the spacer in the gap then install new bolts.

11 hours ago, asalinasz39 said:

@eppieguy So which route did you take to install the lower strut spacer? Loosen upper/lower ball joints...tie rod ends...and sway bar links? Or you tube “easy route” lift truck from front center...remove lower strut bolts and sneak in the spacer in the gap then install new bolts.

I disconnected the tie rod, disconnected the sway bar from the lower control arm, took out lower strut bolts and inserted the spacer. I did not loosen the upper strut mount, bots for that are not as accessible as the last generation trucks. The drivers side was more difficult than the passengers side for some reason which baffles me. I jacked up one side at a time. I then drove it for a few days and then got it aligned. It was out of alignment as expected but it drove fine. 

• Like 2

Awesome thank you so much for the fine details. Gives me confidence that I can tackle this myself. On my 17 I paid cuz the upper balljoint wouldn’t come loose and I didn’t have a ball joint separator but with your route I can sure handle it. Thanks again bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, asalinasz39 said:

Awesome thank you so much for the fine details. Gives me confidence that I can tackle this myself. On my 17 I paid cuz the upper balljoint wouldn’t come loose and I didn’t have a ball joint separator but with your route I can sure handle it. Thanks again bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem, a couple of whacks on the knuckle and tie rod pops right out, very easy. Like I said, I was done in about an hour and a half by myself and that included getting tools, jacks, jack stand and cleaning it all up. Post pictures when you’re done!

• 3 months later...
On 2/23/2019 at 2:33 PM, eppieguy said:

No problem, a couple of whacks on the knuckle and tie rod pops right out, very easy. Like I said, I was done in about an hour and a half by myself and that included getting tools, jacks, jack stand and cleaning it all up. Post pictures when you’re done!

looks great. what tires are you running, specifically what size??

2 hours ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

looks great. what tires are you running, specifically what size??

Nitto Terra Grappler G2's 305/45R22