2011-2019 HD Lift kit. New CST option. Thoughts?

4 hours ago, ITS_CLN said:

My thought, great looking truck! $7500.00 mod, wife would not allow it in two of my lifetimes......

That truck should arrive to my house in 8-12 weeks.  6.0L gas

they have cheaper options without the 2.5 shocks.  You can get 2.0 shocks or brackets to retain stock shocks.

how about $3,500 for the basic kit? Stage 3?

https://cstsuspension.com/2011-2019-hd-2500-3500/320-4-inch-lift-kit-2011-to-2018-2500hd-stage-3.html

or even more basic stage 1.

https://cstsuspension.com/2011-2019-hd-2500-3500/257-4-inch-lift-kit-2011-to-2018-2500hd.html

$2,300?

This is my first lifted 4WD.  I want to do it right the first time.  If it takes $7,500.  Fine.  So be it. I have it.

now to the kits, what should I look out for?

im also getting steering stabilizer and tie rod reinforcements (high grade stainless steel)

thank you for any help you can offer.

2 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

$7500 for 4"? 

My thoughts.   Rip off

It is so expensive because of tax and (6) 2.5 reservoir shocks.

Where would you spend your money?  What would you buy?  I like the fact that this says it is Stock Torsion Location.  Is there a negative to this kit?  It says you can run factory 20" wheels and I like that too.

I don't want some fabtech street kit that is for 2WD street queens and will break suspension UCA and LCA welds like in the 90s.  Can anybody offer any useful advice?  What is the absolute best suspension?  What do I want to avoid doing to my truck?  Obviously I have a 4WD and the 2WD HD's come with torsion but you get the idea.  I'm going to be running at least 600/600 horse at the motor with the whipple supercharger so I need stuff to be strong.  I am going to climb around in the sand dunes to start with.  Maybe go to the rocky mountainous trails in the desert near my house also.  Small pebble rocks not boulders.

14 minutes ago, ITS_CLN said:

Where would you spend your money?  What would you buy?  I like the fact that this says it is Stock Torsion Location.  Is there a negative to this kit?  It says you can run factory 20" wheels and I like that too.

I don't want some fabtech street kit that is for 2WD street queens and will break suspension UCA and LCA welds like in the 90s.  Can anybody offer any useful advice?  What is the absolute best suspension?  What do I want to avoid doing to my truck?  Obviously I have a 4WD and the 2WD HD's come with torsion but you get the idea.  I'm going to be running at least 600/600 horse at the motor with the whipple supercharger so I need stuff to be strong.  I am going to climb around in the sand dunes to start with.  Maybe go to the rocky mountainous trails in the desert near my house also.  Small pebble rocks not boulders.

You asked kind of a generic question. Wait for more replies. Do you know of any shops in area that has done this type of lift? They may have some customers that you can talk to see if they think it is worth the money. Do your research, it is your truck and your money, opinions will vary, but make your own decision. 

most of the shops are just trying to take your money.  They will sell you anything and install it and sell you something else when it fails or sucks and install that and the cycle continues.

4wheelparts comes to mind...

I'll just do my own work.  Now, what to look for in these different kits.  Theres a million different brands.  BDS, etc. etc.

I’ve got the CST 4.5” on my 18 SLT Sierra 1500 and absolutely love it! Huge difference in quality versus others. Reinforced gussets welded throughout the lift, stock width, stock turning radius, heavy gauge steel excellent welds and high quality painting versus that powder coating. You’re looking at highest quality made by an off-road performance company in house along with excellent coilovers and piggy back resi’s too. Craftsmanship second to none!

9c29cc5d31d671ab058497cdc36bf131.jpg0851018891ecea74779f71e9d3d7a8fa.jpgdc86d03aa3ace818ab092b8a5e51b6ca.jpgfe231aa893fcdab33fecb9c3f5e61fba.jpg40ad82226d3e158591ed645336ca0b59.jpg

Sent from above

Now I'm hungry for Weld XT wheels.

The wife would buy off on these.  Or one of those.  I'll show her later.  Let's see if she likes this or Cheyenne 8.

Renegade

Edited by ITS_CLN

Um, even factory suspension can handle 600 horsepower so no problem with any lift from a major company. When it comes to UCA I have never put a lift on without changing them out to aftermarket and dont know anyone that keeps factory but many do. Lifts from Cognito, BDS, Fabtech, CST and others will work great for you. People are harsher on there suspension then you say you are going to be with lifts from multiple different companies and they hold up.

9 hours ago, Madcow2020 said:

I would recommend picking a a good lift and then look into companies that specialize in running shocks and have the shocks built for your purpose and desires. You’ll end up with a better ride quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are "running shocks"?  Pardon my ignorance.  California Super Trucks has a 2.0 single shock option.  A dual 2.0 option. A 2.5 option.  A dual 2.5 option.  Some with remote reservoir some not.

Getting 6 2.5" Shocks with remote reservoir add about $4,400 to the price of the kit.  Its $2,300 for 4" Lift without keys.  Each 2.5" Reservoir shock is about $750.00 or something.

Will I ever need 6 shocks?  Will I like the ride comfort and adjustability?  Most likely yes.