I ordered a 2019 Denali 2500 HD 6.0L Gas L96 4x4 CCSB

Hello to all my fellow HD owners.  A couple of weeks ago I finally pulled the trigger on the truck of my dreams.  A local dealership named Alexander GMC Buick of Simi Valley, CA ordered this truck for me.  They have been the best people to deal with and I hope to purchase more than one vehicle from them in my lifetime.

Truck is a 2019 Denali 2500 HD 6.0L Gas L96 4x4 CCSB   MSRP: $63,620.00

It says my model is TK25743

Color:  G1W    White Frost Tricoat     $1,095.00

Since I got a Denali, a lot of options are included, but the ones I specifically chose were:

PDO: LPO, Protection package interlocking floor liners and mud flaps (now I'm thinking why did I order mud flaps I'm gonna trim them or delete when I go larger tires)  But anyway I got the plastic floor interior liners      $385.00

R8M: Alternate assist step Desired   -$750.00 credit

VXJ: LPO, Assist steps Chromed tubular, 4" Round     $685.00

S0P: LPO, Console insert organizer tray.  I got this for myself and the wife      $ 60.00

DL3: mirrors and I did not choose the optional towing mirrors (there is a GM supported upgrade path anyway.  I will buy a set just because I'm weird like that).

K05: Engine block heater     $ 100.00

K4B: Battery, 730 cold-cranking amps, auxilliary (Second battery)     $135.00   What the heck only $135.00??????  All the wiring and the plates and the labor and the battery for $135.00???  Why doesnt EVERY HD have these

UF3: Switch, High idle      $ 200.00    Never seen this on a gasser.  Can't wait to try it out.

Z71: Suspension package, Off Road     $180.00    180.00?????  What the heck?  It comes with skid plates and a Hill Descent button and crawl feature for between 2-14mph.  Can we just make Z71 standard on 4x4????

KW5: Alternator 220 Amps.  Its a truck guys.  Click this option.  I did.  KW5 is included with VYU so its a deal!!

VYU: Snow plow prep package     $235.00      This also adds TRW the lamp beacon switch and wiring (use it for a train horn for all I care, I'm going to).  With VYU Snow Plow Prep for a Measly 235.00 they DELETE the crappy sliding rear window (I didn't want it anyway I almost bought an SLT because of that reason).  You also can't order a sunroof with VYU (fine, it leaks anyway for a thousand dollar rainroof).  And you delete UG1 Homelink.  Ok fine I can live without it.

The snow plow prep package comes with the tough duty front springs.  I wonder if the same in the Duramax or heavier because of the plow weight.

My dealer said my order was accepted and truck is in production first week of February.

Now people are saying the 6.0L Gas is out of production.  Will my truck even be produced?  Will it be one of the absolute last ones to come off the Line?  Will it be THE LAST Denali HD 6.0L Gas to come off the line?  Maybe.

The plan is to drive it 5,000 miles and make sure its not a warranty lemon and then...

CARB Legal Whipple Supercharger kit

Custom Tuning via HPTuners

I need advice on CA CARB Legal parts for 2011-2019 6.0L Gas HD Trucks.

Longtube headers?  Do they make any CARB Legal version?  Shorties more than likely are garbage, especially at the prices they sell for.  I've bought Edelbrock junk shorties before.  NEVER again will I make this mistake.

Absolute highest quality Stainless Steel catback exhaust?  Or which muffler and I will have a local Race shop that builds Subaru 4" Titanium exhausts for rally racing do it in the best stainless they recommend.

What is even available for these trucks?  I've been looking at the stock torsion location CST lift kit by california super trucks.

I'm wondering how 34-35" tall tires maybe 12" wide would work with the CST lift kit without the torsion keys cranked all stupid

Thanks for looking.  Any advice or criticism welcome!  Tell me I should get a Diesel.  I'm hip.

Eric

Edited by ITS_CLN

Congrats! I ordered my 2018 Denali HD 6.o last March. I pretty much ordered everything like you. I picked it up from the dealer and dropped it off for a CST 8" lift, 37/13.50/22's, 5.13 gears and a Duramax hood. I'd love to do the 2.9 Whipple as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 12:14 PM, wuznme said:

Whats the point of not buying a Duramax if you plan to install a Whipple on it?

I knew someone would ask!

1. I do not want Particulate Matter Burn Off Limp Mode.  I would light the truck on fire if it did that to me, especially while I was towing.  I am the dummy who will mall crawl the Denali to show it off and I already read the horror story of the other guy on here who drives his Diesel this way and it doesn’t like short trips.

2. Diesels have torque which is wonderful.  I also like horsepower and revolutions.  Sadly Diesels used to lack horsepower and the ones that make horsepower lack revolutions (RPM)

3.  I know how to work on and maintain a 6.0 gasser.  I am not a Diesel mechanic.  Learning yet another trade is not in my wheelhouse this year, maybe next.

4.  I saved 11, 000 American dollars which basically buys me a Whipple and a spare factory transmission.  Now I can buy the LSX block and do the 60mm billet cam motor and let’s see if I can make some Diesel numbers.  And get some revs too.

5.  The Diesel is designed to tow 25,000 pounds.  You need a dual rear wheel for that.  So the wife and I are going to buy a DRW of the new style GMC and we can tow the gasser behind or drive it or trailer it.  Don’t matter.

this truck is merely a toy for myself.  I wanted a certain rig for a certain purpose and I think this rig will accomplish this feat perfectly.

i am looking into how to hide a warn winch in the front and one in the rear behind the bumpers.  It might go in for serious modifications the day I get it off the lot.  The good winches are like $2,000 EACH

Edited by ITS_CLN
  • Like 1

My father was an engine builder.  In Tribute to all he taught me, I will assemble the baddest LQ4 (L96 has VVT) money can buy.

most expensive parts of the build are:

block and machine work

60mm billet cam

forged crankshaft

forged pistons

very expensive exotic connecting rods

Aftermarket heads. Upgraded valves and springs to the max double

beehive of course must rev 7500-8000 RPM or this is no good.

thanks for listening.  Budget is currently at $125k.

60-65k truck.

5K warn winches

12.5k whipple and spare trans

7.5-10k lift kit, upgrades etc.

10k new motor

built factory trans misc tires built transfer case and possibly a spare and some spare differentials and yeah there’s 100k well spent let’s go have some fun

edit:  figured out I’m gong to spend more than I thought.  Laptop I don’t need, spare ECM.

so I figure the budget will be 125k now.  Ouch.  I remember when a Trophy truck was 250,000.  What the heck happened.  And I’m doing labor myself or it’s going to be quite a bit more and I will need help with some of this.

this truck better be all it should be.  If I’m stuck on the side of the road with an electrical problem i didn’t create I’m going to burn it.  Barring the usual GM stuff, fuel pumps, alts, etc. I’m ok with that and experienced too. LMAO

Edited by ITS_CLN
  • Like 1

You have heard the saying " More money than brains" 

Well that don't apply here. I totally understand why you are doing this..

It's going to be a killer setup. I'm going to be watching this one like a hawk. Let's hope they build it and don't say too late in the year for a 6.0.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 1:04 PM, cdh027 said:

Congrats! I ordered my 2018 Denali HD 6.o last March. I pretty much ordered everything like you. I picked it up from the dealer and dropped it off for a CST 8" lift, 37/13.50/22's, 5.13 gears and a Duramax hood. I'd love to do the 2.9 Whipple as well.

Why did you do the Duramax hood?  I sort of like the look without the scoop.

The truck has hit order status 4200 which means it is shipped!  3-4 weeks and I have to pay for it and start driving it.

If the electrical behind the dash melts at 102 miles and it goes back to the dealer, I WILL cry.

5 hours ago, ITS_CLN said:

The truck has hit order status 4200 which means it is shipped!  3-4 weeks and I have to pay for it and start driving it.

If the electrical behind the dash melts at 102 miles and it goes back to the dealer, I WILL cry.

I have just over 1800 miles on mine...no melted electrical harnesses behind the dash...and no leaks in the sunroof...LOL..you will like it.

It doesn’t rain here enough for it to matter anyway.  I don’t use the sunroofs much in the cars I have that have them (civic/accord).  Must not be my thing.

i liked the snow plow prep package and deleting the sliding rear window more.  I’m hoping my truck is a 1of1 for 2019 orders.  Who knows but I know it’s a rarity around here.

23 minutes ago, cdh027 said:

Im the opposite. I love the looks of the dmax hood, just didn't want to deal with a diesel.

The one reason that has me considering the hood is the simple fact that as soon as Whipple releases the CARB EO for 2019, im going to Whipple this 4ton hunk of ironman.  You say it’s.not 4tons, it will be when I’m done.  Add a Whipple, two winches, larger tires. Yeah we are getting real close there.

• Like 1