Gorehamj

Chevy Is Going Full Lego With More Adverts and Tie-Ins

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
1-28-2019

Chevy is going "full lego" in its new advertising campaigns and has just added a new animated video commercial to promote the Silverado.

In the video, Emmet and Wyldstyle flee an alien invader in a Satin Steel Metallic Silverado 1500 High Country made of LEGOs. The Lego Silverado High Country will also appear in “The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part.” This will help to brainwash your children into being the next generation of GM truck lovers :)

“From Emmet’s custom High Country to the real-life Trail Boss that inspired the full-size LEGO brick model, we have a Silverado for everyone — both LEGO mini-figures and everyday drivers,” said Paul Edwards, U.S. vice president of Chevrolet marketing. “The new ads are a fun addition to our Silverado campaign and will hopefully attract the next generation of truck buyers to Chevrolet.”

Chevy-LEGO-Ad.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good with a flat front end, but a slanted front end is blah.

I would pay GOOD MONEY if that silverado were a real "Expert" set like the VW cars (the Beetle, and the T1 Camper van that I actually have), and the British cars (the Mini, the Lego Ideas Caterham 720R that I have, and the London bus that I also have)

• Like 1

So, their new target market is the 5 - 12 year old demographic?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1