Gm performance exhaust

I have an AT4 with a 6.2. It has an exhaust flapper before the muffler and one after. I had them both cut off along with the OE muffler. I added a Magnaflow in it's place and left the 2 resonators knowing they could be removed at anytime. I think the sound is perfect and the total cost was less than $200. The flappers are the biggest restriction. When fully open they restrict the opening by 1.25" each.  See the attached pic in the fully opened position. 

20190321_144638.jpg

1 hour ago, BLACK AT4 said:

I have an AT4 with a 6.2. It has an exhaust flapper before the muffler and one after. I had them both cut off along with the OE muffler. I added a Magnaflow in it's place and left the 2 resonators knowing they could be removed at anytime. I think the sound is perfect and the total cost was less than $200. The flappers are the biggest restriction. When fully open they restrict the opening by 1.25" each.  See the attached pic in the fully opened position. 

20190321_144638.jpg

What type of magnaflow muffler did you use? Oval or round? 3" or 3.5"? Do you have a picture of what it looks like installed?

20190321_144638.thumb.jpg.63fd4fafaf2a96ee2a1d073078687891.jpg
Those orange inserts only seem to be on the 6.2. the 5.3 doesn't have them. Is that for Anti-Rattle on the adptive valve?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 6:57 AM, Black02Silverado said:

I'm waiting for someone to straight pipe a 2019 to see how it sounds like they do on the K2's.

I'm waiting as well. I know I will get it straight piped soon but I'm just IMPATIENTLY waiting for someone else to do it first so I can get an idea of what it sounds like. 

Well, I took my car to the shop yesterday and got my muffler deleted. Turns out trailboss don't have resonators? So I didn't even have the option to chop it. I was expecting the truck to be louder that it is after the muffler delete but it's nothing over the stop. Definitely loud when you step on it but still quiet when idle. Overall I'm pretty happy with it because I didn't need an obnoxiously loud truck on top of illegal window tint. 

On 2/3/2019 at 6:57 AM, Black02Silverado said:

I'm waiting for someone to straight pipe a 2019 to see how it sounds like they do on the K2's.

I'm waiting as well. I know I will get it straight piped soon but I'm just IMPATIENTLY waiting for someone else to do it first so I can get an idea of what it sounds like. 

Edited by Trailbosslady

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:25 PM, lt1z said:

I like it on my 6.2. Did not want it too loud but not silent either. A smaller muffler without a way to turn off DFM would be annoying

How to turn off DFM. Tune? Range? Any other methods?

Also would not buy GMs system. Too many other options for less.

Edited by Stex
Additional comment

1 hour ago, Stex said:

There is no way to turn it off. No tunes or anything else yet either.

And the GM system costs less than the Borla and many of the other cat backs that are yet to even be available. Obviously a muffler swap is always cheaper but not the point.

I like my GM Borla system. You cannot turn DFM off so the louder systems will sound like shit when DFM kicks in until the ability to turn it off comes.

Notice you only get idle and WOT videos not cruise videos from exhaust companies
  • Like 2

I am posting the info for those that do not want S/S or DFM. And want something simple that will not void warranty, like a tune. One can also buy a port extension on Amazon that has an on off switch. That way one does not have to unplug the Range, just turn it off when car/truck sits for periods of time.

Any way back to the thread topic of exhaust  sound.