Black02Silverado's 2019 Silverado

Black02Silverado

Well here it is people.  My dyno run of my 2019 Silverado with 6.2 before I installed the GM Performance intake.  Then I installed the intake and had the dealer do the flash to the truck that is part of the intake purchase.  Back to the dyno to see if what gains it might have made. 

Well, to my surprise it lost HP.   The baseline was 363.13 max hp and 414.74 peak torque.  After the intake install and flash it went down to 355.75hp and 399.12 peak torque.

One thing to note is that with the 10sp transmission, they had a hard time keeping it in 6th gear when they hit the throttle.  It wanted to downshift even though they were using manual mode. Also another issue was it was reaching the speed limit of 106mph and cutting off with in seconds of going WOT.  To bad there isn't anyway of turning off the speedlimiter on these. 

They did  10 pulls trying to get a solid run.  The guy really was trying and wanted to keep going but there were other vehicles slotted to use the dyno so he ran out of time.

So it seems that there isn't a gain, at least for me putting on the GM Performance intake.  Bummer really.  Sounds nice but stinks that it lost power and torque.

2019SilveradodynoApril2019.jpeg

Nick I know this isn't the result you had hoped for but I tell ya buddy, unvarnished truth is pure GOLD. More valued than any gains you might yet get. I love people with real character. :thumbs: Their trustable. :) 

This would be the first case where this sort to thing has happened. Some items you might want to consider if you don't mind? 

1.) She's still in the adaptive learn. 

2.) That flat spot between 83 and 90, could it be fuel map went silly?

3.) Some tuning perhaps? 

You seem the 'dog with a bone' type. :D Anyway, that you for the HONEST review. 

Truck needs to relearn. But also it is hard to say for sure. As the stock tune is still pulling power out on that pull. I would use the laptop to run a config file and see but I would guess that is the issue. All in tune the speed limiter can be removed and torque management changed. The gm flash is a tb% or air flow relearn. It is good but again the truck needs to learn this over time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Truck needs to relearn. But also it is hard to say for sure. As the stock tune is still pulling power out on that pull. I would use the laptop to run a config file and see but I would guess that is the issue. All in tune the speed limiter can be removed and torque management changed. The gm flash is a tb% or air flow relearn. It is good but again the truck needs to learn this over time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well like I stated, they had a hard time getting the truck to stay in gear and not kick down when he when on the throttle.  Also had a hard time since once he got it to where he could proceed it ran out of speed do to the speed limited to 106.  Until these can be tuned, not much can be done, not even able to disable all that. 

I plan on taking it back in about 2k miles, since the truck has only 2,800 on it total at this test.  That way it should have gotten a good relearn by then.  So we will see.

As far as the flat spot, not sure other than like I said he tried to feather the throttle to keep it from kicking down a gear even though it was in manual mode.

Oh and another note, this thing didn't like being on a dyno. The way GM has everything connected now. It threw the usual codes for stabilitrac, and traction control issues and anti-lock brake control.  It didn't like the fact that only the back wheels were spinning. :)

I was going to say that but didnt want to sound rude or like they did it wrong. Disable stabilitrac and traction control. 

I am to also assume this shop doesnt have the tune or at least the data log capabilities yet? Do you know what tune software they do have? Or are they just dyno pulling and no software at all. 

I know you say tuning unavailable for so reason. 

I just checked official release isn't out yet so not many people have access to the new stuff. You can wait or go to different shop.

Edited by 1SLOW1500
Add
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I was going to say that but didnt want to sound rude or like they did it wrong. Disable stabilitrac and traction control. 

I am to also assume this shop doesnt have the tune or at least the data log capabilities yet? Do you know what tune software they do have? Or are they just dyno pulling and no software at all. 

I know you say tuning unavailable for so reason. 

I just checked official release isn't out yet so not many people have access to the new stuff. You can wait or go to different shop.

This shop doesn't have the access,, they use EFI live.  They turned off Stabilitrac and traction control on the truck. 

Here is info on them,  National Speed

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 11:26 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

What's going on Nick? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Been busy around the house and with the family.  I did get the truck ceramic coated and the front bumper covered.  No pictures because the day I picked it up it was raining and they told me not to wash it for two weeks. LOL

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Installed the tailgate seal and vent visors.  I had $100 of GM rewards to use before they expired.  The seal went on easy and you can barely see it when the tailgate is closed at the bottom of the tailgate.  The vent visors went on easy and windows go up and down with no issues. 

frontventvisor.jpg

tailgate seal.jpg

tailgateseal.jpg

tailgateseal3.jpg

ventvisor.jpg

• Like 1