Silverado Trail Boss 10k Mile Review

z1boss

22 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

alright... enough about truck. Post of pic of what's really important -  the 74 Trans Am SD

It's a project car and about 60% complete.  It has a 79 rear because I do not like the rear end of the 74s.  It's all custom so it's taking a while to complete. 

IMAG1019.jpg

78-1.jpg

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, towdog333 said:

Well hopefully GM or an aftermarket one will show up, thanks

Saw this one on eBay the other night. Can’t speak to the quality but it looks okay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192807987343

• Like 1

8 hours ago, towdog333 said:

Well hopefully GM or an aftermarket one will show up, thanks

7 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Saw this one on eBay the other night. Can’t speak to the quality but it looks okay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192807987343

Mine was only 150 installed and it covers the entire scoop not just the top.  It might be worth it just to have a guy wrap it if you can get him to do it for around that price and if that is the direction you want to go.  If not, then this may be a good option.

Edited by z1boss

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, MALARIK said:

Would it be rude of me to inquire the price you ended up paying? I'm thinking of buying one and trying to get a good idea of how much off MSRP I should be aiming for.

I only got $3500 off my MSRP because I ordered it on day one and it was made first week of production.  I knew going into this that I wouldn't get much off but I didnt care because I had a previous lease that was ending and I wanted to be one of the first ones owning the new Silverado.  That being said, there are some decent incentives on them now and I have seen a bunch of dealer listings on Cars.com and Ebay that are discounted pretty nicely.  I have no regrets at all.  Just shy of 17k miles right now and no issues, Thank God!

8 hours ago, z1boss said:

I only got $3500 off my MSRP because I ordered it on day one and it was made first week of production.  I knew going into this that I wouldn't get much off but I didnt care because I had a previous lease that was ending and I wanted to be one of the first ones owning the new Silverado.  That being said, there are some decent incentives on them now and I have seen a bunch of dealer listings on Cars.com and Ebay that are discounted pretty nicely.  I have no regrets at all.  Just shy of 17k miles right now and no issues, Thank God!

Any insight as to how the frame is looking? I've seen alot of ridicule over the wax coated frame? What about paint chipping up front? Also have seen ridicule over the paint quality.

7 hours ago, MALARIK said:

Any insight as to how the frame is looking? I've seen alot of ridicule over the wax coated frame? What about paint chipping up front? Also have seen ridicule over the paint quality.

I do have a few very minor paint chips and the frame is metal so eventually it will start to rust.  If your concerned about the paint, I would ceramic coat it.  It is pricey but definitely worth it if you want extra protection.  Paint on any car is not what it used to be but that being said I am beyond satisfied with the whole truck overall

• 2 months later...

Great looking truck!  A few questions, the red in the rims, is that custom?  Also the trail boss logo on the back of the tailgate, did that come on the truck or did you add - if so where did you obtain?  

I am debating on waiting for the 2020 with the TB LT 6.2L or going ahead with a 2019 5.3.L TB LT that a local dealer has in stock.  We are so close to release and the 6.2L option seems worth waiting for, but its very difficult for an inpatient type like myself!

Z1Boss - great write up, thank you for the details!   I've had my 6.2 Z71 for almost 6 months and it's been perfect also!   So so happy with this truck! 

• 3 months later...