help confirm axle size and gearing options

Might have something to do with all the K2 shakerado claim....  I know I threw Yukon shafts at my axle and fought a leaking axle seal for years. And my R&P Backlash was way too high for me.  Overall a crappy quality axle. I'm glad to see something change.  I noticed something was different with the rear axle when watching the new T1 reviews and they were putting the cameras on the road and driving over them. I noticed a flange on the new axle, similar to a toyota. I just hope to god the T1 does not shake!

Edited by FL335i

• 11 months later...

Had my 2019 Silverado Dual Cab fail in the brakes department.  Actually dash lit up like a Xmas tree with errors.  Took damned near two feet to get it stopped.  Drove to dealer down the Interstate (50 miles) a day later.  They was a recall on the brakes I was told along with a recall (I had a copy of that) for the additional of some insulation under the seats.

I asked them to inspect the box I brought along to convert my 3.23's to 4.10's.  Was told the rear wouldn't work, nothing about the fronts.  Then called the place I got the ring, pinions, bearings, etc.  from and was told the rear WOULD work, but not the fronts.  Conflicting information.  Was also told the front ring could be a welded on ring.  Hated to hear that.

My RPO code for the setup is:  SU5, G80 (locking RR), and  GUS (3.23's).

Have made a helluva lots of Internet inquiries, phones calls and now I'm thinking NO ONE knows anything for CERTAIN of how/what to do the get this thing geared down.  Was also told I needed to purchase a GM 84557636 front diff assy for around $1,000.  Then, I was seeing that even that won't work on the 2019 LT Silverado New Body Style.  I only have 3,000 miles on it and it's kind of a toy for me, so gearing it down was kind of a fun thing to do.  I  used to do all this on my NHRA drag racer years ago, but boy things are not so easy now.

I guess I'll have to wait a year before any concrete information is "concrete".

If anyone has more verifiable info, I'm all ears.  

2019 SIlverado-4.jpg

Edited by Whiz
typos