Noise behind drivers seat

19 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

If you don’t wear your seatbelt, the buckle will sometimes rattle against the pillar if it’s turned the wrong way. That’s the only noise I’ve heard in mine. 

No, I don't agree with you. I wear the seat belt and still have the same problem. It is from the pillar. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rduatctt said:

That’s where I think it is too. I’ve tried it with or without the seat belt. I’ve even pulled the belt all the way out and partially out and locked and it’s still there

I'm waiting for my first oil change to ask the dealership to fix it. It should happen In the next 3 months. 

Ty this to fix your rattle. This same thing happened on my 2010 Silverado. Spray some White lithium grease on the locking mechanism in the door. Its the latch pat that you can see when you pen the door, not the part on the pillar. Sprayed mine last night and no more rattle. My Service Manager showed me this when I was having the issue on my other truck

57 minutes ago, Rduatctt said:

Ty this to fix your rattle. This same thing happened on my 2010 Silverado. Spray some White lithium grease on the locking mechanism in the door. Its the latch pat that you can see when you pen the door, not the part on the pillar. Sprayed mine last night and no more rattle. My Service Manager showed me this when I was having the issue on my other truck

The car is new and the doors are sealed pretty well. I believe the interior plastic trims are rattling.

My wife noticed a rattle in the rear of my 2019 (I can't hear crap anymore lol) and I had her get back there and listen closer. Come to find out the rear headrests are rattling slightly. Seems the posts are slightly smaller than the opening in the plastic grommet causing them to rattle a bit at lower speeds and driving over fairly small bumps like driving through a parking lot. Haven't yet figured out how to quiet them but was thinking of wrapping some electrical tape around them to see if that helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robsieb said:

My wife noticed a rattle in the rear of my 2019 (I can't hear crap anymore lol) and I had her get back there and listen closer. Come to find out the rear headrests are rattling slightly. Seems the posts are slightly smaller than the opening in the plastic grommet causing them to rattle a bit at lower speeds and driving over fairly small bumps like driving through a parking lot. Haven't yet figured out how to quiet them but was thinking of wrapping some electrical tape around them to see if that helps.

That's exactly my finding too! I believe if we bend the headrests down instead of keeping them straight up, it would fix the problem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I have the headreast rattle issue but I also have the B pillar rattle.  I think the B pillar is the little plastic caps that cover the screws.  I assume that's what they are; they are the 2" by 2" square pieces at the top and bottom.  If you lightly tap them, they move around a lot. I think they may be the culprit.