Noise behind drivers seat

Well I just got my truck back yesterday. The noise from B pillar was fixed by adding some insulation materials. 

Noise from the back seats were due to the bolts holding the seats. They remove the back seats, put Loctite on the screws, and tied them back. 

The truck is very quiet now. Now I feel that I'm driving brand new car after 7000 miles ?. 

25 minutes ago, AMPRG said:

Well I just got my truck back yesterday. The noise from B pillar was fixed by adding some insulation materials. 

Noise from the back seats were due to the bolts holding the seats. They remove the back seats, put Loctite on the screws, and tied them back. 

The truck is very quiet now. Now I feel that I'm driving brand new car after 7000 miles ?. 

Awesome! Do you have a copy of the technicians report so I can give it to my local tech?  The b pillar sound I'm hearing is similar to the seatbelt clunking when not positioned correctly only it's coming out of the pillar.  Is this what you experienced? Thanks so much in advance.

Mine only has 700 miles on it.  it's a little annoying but I still love her.

Edited by HarmHammer

7 hours ago, HarmHammer said:

Awesome! Do you have a copy of the technicians report so I can give it to my local tech?  The b pillar sound I'm hearing is similar to the seatbelt clunking when not positioned correctly only it's coming out of the pillar.  Is this what you experienced? Thanks so much in advance.

Mine only has 700 miles on it.  it's a little annoying but I still love her.

Here you go! I'll send more. 

15566785801057133112839543197082.jpg

• Like 1

This isn't apply to this topic, but since you are going to the dealer, you should ask them to enable "After Blow" function for your HVAC. This was enabled for previous generation by default, but you need to ask the dealer to enable it for new generation ?

15566794337334153048796553465504.jpg

Screenshot_20190109-103549_Chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, AMPRG said:

This isn't apply to this topic, but since you are going to the dealer, you should ask them to enable "After Blow" function for your HVAC. This was enabled for previous generation by default, but you need to ask the dealer to enable it for new generation ?

15566794337334153048796553465504.jpg

Screenshot_20190109-103549_Chrome.jpg

Thank you very much

• Like 1

So I removed the upper trim and noticed the seatbelt retainer rattled profusely.  I put some tape on that and the sound pretty much went away with the exception of some hard bumps.  I will go back in and sure it up a bit more and hopefully that works out. 

• Like 1

So the culprit seemed to be these two metal clips that freely moved behind the metal.  I put some exterior soft sided velco around them to pad/sure it up.  Noise is eliminated.  I will have dealership fix at first oil change however they deem appropriate.  Hopefully this helps others as well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HarmHammer said:

So the culprit seemed to be these two metal clips that freely moved behind the metal.  I put some exterior soft sided velco around them to pad/sure it up.  Noise is eliminated.  I will have dealership fix at first oil change however they deem appropriate.  Hopefully this helps others as well.

This is fantastic. Thanks a lot! 

23 hours ago, HarmHammer said:

So I removed the upper trim and noticed the seatbelt retainer rattled profusely.  I put some tape on that and the sound pretty much went away with the exception of some hard bumps.  I will go back in and sure it up a bit more and hopefully that works out. 

So, was it difficult to remove the upper trim? Are there any tips or tricks? Thanks, John 

It was not difficult but you have to be comfortable with removing items with clips and understand the difference between something that needs force vs I'm going to break something.  There are 3 bolts you must remove.  There are two near handle and one above seatbelt.  You access them behind a few trim plates (two are blank, one says airbag) which can be removed with a trim tool or carefully with a small metal screwdriver.  Once you have there removed, grab the trim by the bottom and pull it straight back.  This will pop the two retention clips.  Be aware of how the weather stripping relates to the trim because you will have to insert trim back under weather stripping upon reinstallation.  (Use passenger side as reference if needed). Other than that, you should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another thing the trim piece that goes around the opening where the seat belt comes out it raddle. You can physically move it by hand going to take mine off put some padding around it and put it back on