Something different on the forum. Both my 2018 Silverados perform like they should

Both my trucks have performed flawlessly. My Silver (Silver Bullet)2018 5.3 Double cab LT I bought in May has 16,500 miles on it and don't vibrate, shifts like it should no clunking and runs like a Swiss watch. Averages 18.5 mpg 60 / 40 city hwy. Best was 23.9 on the hwy on a 225 mile trip.

My 2018 Black Crew cab (Black Betty)5.3 6.5 bed is just as good. Not a hint of vibration. No tranny clunking. 2300 miles. Smooth as a baby's ass at 97mph . Runs awesome. Pulls a 5000lb trailer without even breaking a sweat. Mileage is averaging 17.5 mostly in town. Best was 22.7 on a 190 mile trip on the hwy. Pulling the 5000 lb.loaded trailer into a 20mph headwind I got 11mpg running at 60 mph in 5th gear tow haul on. On the return trip empty trailer it got 14.4 mpg .

I couldn't be happier with both trucks. They perform like a Chevy should. 

I hate reading about the problems some of you guys are having and I feel for you. I'm Chevy to the bone. It sucks. 

I just thought I would use this forum for some good news, not all the bad stuff I read on here.20180604_171338.thumb.jpg.7595edab26692b2443da760953cbd234.jpg

IMG_20190107_113944.jpg

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Very glad to hear!  This is my first Chevy, and so far I'm in love with it.  My only issue was some body alignment stuff (front bumper and bed) and the dealer fixed that for me.  Other than that, I'm very happy with mine!  Forums are where people come to complain, so I expect to see complaints when looking around.  It's always good to see happy folks too!

12 minutes ago, BriDroid said:

Very glad to hear!  This is my first Chevy, and so far I'm in love with it.  My only issue was some body alignment stuff (front bumper and bed) and the dealer fixed that for me.  Other than that, I'm very happy with mine!  Forums are where people come to complain, so I expect to see complaints when looking around.  It's always good to see happy folks too!

I read about that over on Silverado/Sierra. Glad they took care of it for you. 

See, all is not bad.

Good to hear.  Kinda like when you actually see a feel good story on the news these days.  I too have had no issues but always looking for cool mods to do on mine.

Thanks for the post !

4W

Glad to see this topic.  I wonder how many "non-forum" people are happy with their trucks.  Probably a good percentage.  I had great luck with my 16 and so far love my 18.  Chevy makes the best looking trucks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, outrag1 said:

Glad to see this topic.  I wonder how many "non-forum" people are happy with their trucks.  Probably a good percentage.  I had great luck with my 16 and so far love my 18.  Chevy makes the best looking trucks. 

I do like the grill/headlights on the Chevy, probably would have one if they had a white one with what I wanted option wise. Both Chevy and GMC look better than the others ?

• Like 2

So far, mostly good with my 18. Coming from my Honda Ridgeline, I’ve really enjoyed my Silverado. There’s so much accessory support, I’ve had to watch my wallet. The Ridgeline had almost zero aftermarket possibility.