In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

So I have recently bought a 2015 Sierra 1500. In my area it's the only one that I've seen in that color. So my question is in 2015 how many Sierra's were built in that color??

Snapchat-865045310.jpg

cool color.. havent seen one that color in austin~

welcome!

There can't be that many, I live in truck heavy region and I've not seen that color, very unique...at least from what I've seen....I mean not seen!

2 hours ago, PaxtonG16 said:

So I have recently bought a 2015 Sierra 1500. In my area it's the only one that I've seen in that color. So my question is in 2015 how many Sierra's were built in that color??

Snapchat-865045310.jpg

Several on Google, but one of my favorite colors. I've seen one in my area in a Silverado

32 minutes ago, SS502 said:

There can't be that many, I live in truck heavy region and I've not seen that color, very unique...at least from what I've seen....I mean not seen!

I live in a GM town in Ohio, so almost everyone drives a gm product. One if our local dealerships has 2 of them when I was looking at this truck, but they got sent to auction so those ones aren't even rolling around here

For 2015, GMC made a true RED and a Sonoma Red Metallic.

The Cayenne metallic had more of an orange tint.

See the source image
See the source image
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  This is Sonoma Red Metallic

Edited by Sierra Dan

2 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

For 2015, GMC made a true RED and a Sonoma Red Metallic.

The Cayenne metallic had more of an orange tint.

See the source image
See the source image
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  This is Sonoma Red Metallic

I know that, I'm just trying to figure out HOW MANY trucks were actually built with the Cayenne Metallic. I guess maybe a dealership would be able to find this information? 

1 hour ago, PaxtonG16 said:

I know that, I'm just trying to figure out HOW MANY trucks were actually built with the Cayenne Metallic. I guess maybe a dealership would be able to find this information? 

You might try emailing [email protected]

They can probably help you more than we can.

5 hours ago, PaxtonG16 said:

If it was a Corvette that kind of information is easy to find out but I'm not so sure about trucks. Try [email protected] like SS502 said. It's worth a try. They may say something like 1 out of every 950 trucks was that color or something along those lines.

11 hours ago, PaxtonG16 said:

Snapchat-865045310.jpg

Try this site, compnine.com, see what happens. Think you have to enter your VIN, should tell you the number that were made.

Timely topic! I parked near one a couple of days ago and It had me wondering if it was an aftermarket paint colour!  It makes for a sharp and unique looking truck.  Good find.  

There were several Sunset Orange Metallic (what chevy calls it) Silverados at the dealer in Las Vegas when I bought my 2015 Silverado. They were willing to give me a smoking deal on it because it seemed like everyone hated the color. I left with Summit White one because all they had left in the orange were all double cabs and I wanted a crew.

Still to this day I haven’t seen a Sunset Orange or Cayenne GM truck running around Vegas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a 15 Cayenne Metalic Double Cab 5.3 4WD SLE w 3.42. Bought it new. I have only seen a handful of these colors in my area. The one I see the most is an LTZ DC Silvy with a nice ARE cap painted to match. Makes me want a cap so bad!

They only made the color for a short production run. (Not the full model year) I’ve seen other gym vehicles with the same color in the past. Corvettes, Firebird/camaros, Grand Am etc. When it is clean, and the sun hits it just right, it is one of the best colors IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can't decide if I like that color on a truck.

But it does look good on a Vette

cc_2015che012a_640_g1h.jpg

47996479d1467378839-2005-sunset-orange-metallic-automatic-3lt-c6-2.jpg

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 1

I see Corvettes almost everyday in that color. No trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk