In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By DanTheBetterMan
      Hey guys, I have a problem I can't solve and I'm hoping someone here can help. Last night I was driving my 2011 GMC Sierra 2WD 5.3L and pulled into a gas station. When I got back in the truck I turned the key to the start position but nothing happened besides the dash going black. I didn't hear the starter click and I didn't hear the fuel pump turn on. 

So far here's what I've done:
      Tried to jump the car, no success. Took the battery to get tested and it's fine.  Switched the relays around to see if something else would quit working and the truck would start, but same outcome. I jumped the two big connectors on the back of the starter and the starter turned over, but the truck never started it actually kept turning even with the power off and didn't stop until I disconnected the battery I replaced the battery in the remote but this didn't fix anything. I thought it might be anti-theft related but the the light on the dash isn't on for the alarm and the truck locks and unlocks with the remote. I connected a scanner to it and am able to see the ecm getting an ignition signal when I turn the key to start Through the scanner I can see that the ECM recognizes that the transmission is in park/neutral Has anyone ran into this before? Is there anything else that would prevent it from starting and cause a no crank, no fuel, no start issue that I need to check? The monitor I'm using has the ability to check basically any sensor value. 

Thanks!
    • By Bowtie_Till_I_Die
      Hi, I hope all is well. As I was driving 55mph over a bridge at 11pm a couple Friday's ago, I lost power to my steering and brakes, but the truck stayed running. I pulled off, shut it down, pulled the negative and waited about 15min. I reconnected the battery and tried starting it to no avail. It'll crankk strong, but won't fire up. In addition I noticed none of the gauges or indicator /emergency (security, abs, seat belt,etc...) lights are working. The gauge lights work, but the gauges themselves do not. Thank you in advance for your consideration and energy.

• By dirtytwopalms
      new here. just throwing this out there to see if anyone has info on how hard it is to convert the front bumper on a 2006 Silverado 2500HD to a 2018 Silverado 2500HD or what needs to be done to get it done. heres a picture i found on Facebook of it done. just need more info.

• By Gorehamj
      John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      7-25-2019
      General Motors reported this morning that the all-new Silverado equipped with the 3.0-Liter Duramax diesel engine has earned an EPA-estimated 33 MPG Highway in 2WD configurations. Here is a quick look at the numbers we have so far:
      2WD Silverado Duramax = 33 MPG Highway, 23 City
      4X4 Silverado Duramax = 29 MPG Highway, 21 City

Here are a couple of quick comparisons:
      2019 Ford F-150 2WD Diesel = 30 Highway, 22 City
      2019 Ford F-150 4WD Diesel = 28 Highway, 22 City
      2019 Ram 1500 2WD Diesel = 27 Highway, 20 City
      2019 Ram 1500 4WD Diesel = 27 Highway, 19 City
      **2020 Chevrolet Colorado 2WD DIesel = 30 Highway, 20 City
      **2020 Chevrolet Colorado 4WD DIesel = 28 Highway, 19 City

“We designed the all-new Silverado and the all-new 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel to deliver both performance and efficiency,” said Tim Herrick, Silverado executive chief engineer. “The engine utilizes state-of-the-art technologies to optimize every drop of fuel, and takes advantage of architectural changes to make Silverado larger, lighter and more aerodynamic than before. The resulting combination offers all of the performance, refinement and capability customers want in a full-size truck, with highway fuel efficiency you would expect from a family sedan.”

The trade-off for fuel economy alone will worth calculating. In addition to the higher fuel cost compared to gasoline, for the LTZ and High Country, the 3.0L Diesel is a $2,495 option (identical to that of the 6.2L V-8). For the LT and RST, it is a $3,890 increase over a 2.7L Turbo engine. For those looking for diesel towing capability, the choice will be an easy one. 

The EPA has not yet published full MPG and emissions information on the new Duramax at its site, www.fueleconomy.gov. Once data is posted we will do a more in-depth post on the comparison to some other Silverado models. First deliveries of the 2020 Silverado with the Duramax engine will be this coming fall. 

• By tightchevelle69
      If you had a 2015 Silverado 1500 CrewCab, would you keep it or get rid of it for a 2013 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crewcab if you had the opportunity?