2020 L5P

GM published numbers indicate  the 2020 will have same HP and torque as the 2019. 

Haven't yet seen anything from GM that says the rpo is still L5P (but seems likely since output the same) 

Is this a new Banks video? (or the teardown and review one from a couple years ago?) 

Link?

Edited by redwngr

7 hours ago, EXSlider400 said:

I assume it’s new stuff from Banks, not from GM. 

Do watch the link in Logans post.  (or here)

It's NOT the video from Jay's post.

It's IS a walk through of a bunch of changes made to the 2020 L5P,  and it's not a Banks sales pitch. 

He does take a shot or two at the 'lets make massive horsepower for a few seconds crowd'. 

It's about 14 minutes.  

I found it an interesting watch.

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, redwngr said:

Do watch the link in Logans post.  (or here)

It's NOT the video from Jay's post.

It's IS a walk through of a bunch of changes made to the 2020 L5P,  and it's not a Banks sales pitch. 

He does take a shot or two at the 'lets make massive horsepower for a few seconds crowd'. 

It's about 14 minutes.  

I found it an interesting watch.

Thank you for the other video. So much more cooling from GM for towing heavy loads. Great info. 

3 hours ago, EXSlider400 said:

Thank you for the other video. So much more cooling from GM for towing heavy loads. Great info. 

Give the credit to Loganck97 who posted the original link.

I was just trying to make sure everyone realized it was not the same as the teaser vid where Gale was 'hiding' the engines in the shop.

• 2 weeks later...

Only big change i know of is that is the Dirtymax's will all have 10 speeds now, kind of odd they didn't give the 6.6 the 10 speed as well but then again this is GM, as some of their options dont make sense. I also dont see the numbers changing on the DIrtymax . It runs great and GM is not into the numbers game as much( HP and TQ that is ) but the new 35k towing is bad ass 

7 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Only big change i know of is that is the Dirtymax's will all have 10 speeds now, kind of odd they didn't give the 6.6 the 10 speed as well but then again this is GM, as some of their options dont make sense. I also dont see the numbers changing on the DIrtymax . It runs great and GM is not into the numbers game as much( HP and TQ that is ) but the new 35k towing is bad ass 

No change to ratings, but take the time to watch Gale's video regarding the L5P changes for 2020. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, newdude said:

Biggest difference from the TFL Truck videos that I took away was the fact that unlike the 2017-2019 L5P, there is no power choking in 1st gear.  They re-calibrated the powertrain to offer all the beans in 1-10th gear. 

There is  new trans driveshaft and differentials/axles to support it...