2020 L5P

2 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Can I stuff one of these into my '14 Sierra 1500 ?  LOL

In all seriousness I hope GM kicks ford and RAM in the ass with the new engine offerings.

As long as GM sells I don’t think they care too much about numbers etc. first time in years they will have a nice HD diesel and NA combo. Loving it. Also hearing a new new bigger block is also coming ? 

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:15 PM, f8l vnm said:

As long as GM sells I don’t think they care too much about numbers etc. first time in years they will have a nice HD diesel and NA combo. Loving it. Also hearing a new new bigger block is also coming ? 

Yup...Awesome it is!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gale Banks also intends to break a DMAX - very carefully. He has already done two videos (see you tube) and the second one starts the actual breaking process starting with evaluating airflow issues and the turbocharger. He has installed lots of gauges all over and in that engine and goes into great detail about air and combustion. He does get a wee bit long winded and often gets into more detail than I would like .

One thing that was pointed out for 2020 is that with the increased tow ratings required a different oil cooler, transmission cooler and radiator with huge fan.