This is the Super Bowl ad General Motors didn't want you to see

Zane

beyonce-effect.jpg

An example of the Streisand Effect - Beyonce used lawyers and threats attempting to remove this image from the internet. Instead, everyone saw it.

Zane Merva

Executive Editor & Publisher - GM-Trucks.com

February 4th, 2019

Has General Motors ever heard of the Streisand Effect? Apparently not. The company sent a cease and desist letter to Unifor Canada (Candadan Automotive Union) demanding that they do not run their scheduled advertisement during the Super Bowl in Canada. Unifor ran it anyways. What commercial could be so bad that GM's lawyers would demand that it not be run?

OHHHH. That kind of commercial. Looks like Canadians are PISSED and we don't blame them. GM as a company has moved to cut so many jobs, factories, and experienced personal in the last few years it's only natural there would be backlash. 

But if GM wouldn't have made such a big deal about trying to squash the ad most of the world probably wouldn't have even seen or heard about it.  Maybe if GM hadn't trimmed their workforce so much, they'd have experienced lawyers that would have advised them this was a bad idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Ya, I see nothing wrong with the video. It's literally just facts and feeling expressed. GM can go pound sand. The ONLY thing I could see is the reference to them being greedy, but that's about it. I'd say that's hardly something slanderous (or libelous?)

• Like 1

The part that even shocked me as a Canadian is the part when they show what it works out to what each Canadian citizen spent to save GM. Only to be told see you later we are going to Mexico and have cheap labour!  

Yea and Roger The Dogger Shamedell makes $ 40 Meg a year. I think all CEO's are over paid! And all the board members are very nicely paid also, they are in it together. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours, sound like them? GM better wake up and treat it's workers, not just the Exec's with honor or they will go down to nothing. People will stop buying from them and then what will the CEO do, go look for another company to screw them out of more money?

• Like 2

Only a matter of time until Bankruptcy #2.  The next time, when they ask for a bailout, they'll get the door slammed in their face big time.  Either that, or GM management will get jail time (think Carlos Ghosn) and some car guy who can find his ass with both hands will be appointed GM Czar.  But even if they do everything right (doubtful), it would take 30 years before the public will trust them again, if then.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaverickZ71 said:

Only a matter of time until Bankruptcy #2.  The next time, when they ask for a bailout, they'll get the door slammed in their face big time.  Either that, or GM management will get jail time (think Carlos Ghosn) and some car guy who can find his ass with both hands will be appointed GM Czar.  But even if they do everything right (doubtful), it would take 30 years before the public will trust them again, if then.  

Nae... the right money in the right hands at the right time and everything is fine again.

That's the kind of democracy you guys send your soldiers to war for. Already forgotten?

so long

j-ten-ner

• Haha 1

My last 5 vehicles have been GM trucks.  This is the last GM product that I will own.  Between them (GM) not showing any inclination to repair their defective transmissions (2016 GMC Canyon) and their closing down US and Canadian plants which were paid for with taxpayers money and moving them to Mexico,  that's it for me.  Other companies make just as good products and might just stand behind them.

• Like 3

beyonce-effect.jpg.aeb1a723a6c88395f9d5d3565afcb441.jpg

An example of the Streisand Effect - Beyonce used lawyers and threats attempting to remove this image from the internet. Instead, everyone saw it.

Zane Merva
Executive Editor & Publisher - GM-Trucks.com
February 4th, 2019

Has General Motors ever heard of the Streisand Effect? Apparently not. The company sent a cease and desist letter to Unifor Canada (Candadan Automotive Union) demanding that they do not run their scheduled advertisement during the Super Bowl in Canada. Unifor ran it anyways. What commercial could be so bad that GM's lawyers would demand that it not be run?

[/url]  
OHHHH. That kind of commercial. Looks like Canadians are PISSED and we don't blame them. GM as a company has moved to cut so many jobs, factories, and experienced personal in the last few years it's only natural there would be backlash. 

But if GM wouldn't have made such a big deal about trying to squash the ad most of the world probably wouldn't have even seen or heard about it.  Maybe if GM hadn't
trimmed their workforce so much, they'd have experienced lawyers that would have advised them this was a bad idea. 

Well, she looks like she’s had some plastic surgery herself, looks like she paid Michael Jacksons nose doctor a visit [emoji848]

Sent from above