This is the Super Bowl ad General Motors didn't want you to see

Zane

7 hours ago, No Tyme said:

Mary Barra was paid 22 Million last year from GM and in turn GM is putting 14,000 out of work this year. Maybe GM should rethink someone’s salary.

Compared to other automotive CEOs.. that sounds a bit low..

2009: The federal and Ontario governments provided $13.7 billion to GM and Chrysler (with about $10.5 billion for GM) to bail out the auto industry amid the economic downturn—and essentially save the company. They received equity stakes the car-makers in exchange, which were later sold, while some loan portions of the bailout were repaid. Still, in a 2015 report for the Canadian Taxpayers Federation, policy analyst Mark Milke estimated that Ontario and federal taxpayers took a $2.8 billion loss on GM’s portion of the bailout. Documents obtained last summer by CBC through access to information suggest that as of March 2017, Ottawa was still owed $1.2 billion by auto sector, though GM’s share was not disclosed.

I love my Mexico build GMC, but damn this feels shitty

conan.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Styles_888 said:

2009: The federal and Ontario governments provided $13.7 billion to GM and Chrysler (with about $10.5 billion for GM) to bail out the auto industry amid the economic downturn—and essentially save the company. They received equity stakes the car-makers in exchange, which were later sold, while some loan portions of the bailout were repaid. Still, in a 2015 report for the Canadian Taxpayers Federation, policy analyst Mark Milke estimated that Ontario and federal taxpayers took a $2.8 billion loss on GM’s portion of the bailout. Documents obtained last summer by CBC through access to information suggest that as of March 2017, Ottawa was still owed $1.2 billion by auto sector, though GM’s share was not disclosed.

I love my Mexico build GMC, but damn this feels shitty

I agree with your statement. I did luv my 2014 Silverado Crew 4X4 (built in Mexico) but luv my 2013 Avalanche (also built in Mexico) better. We have been a GM family for many years since the wife is employed there. We felt loyalty to the brand but this is a slap in the face to ALL Union members, USA and Canadian born. 2017 Equinox (built in Canada), 2017 Cruze (built in Ohio) and 96 Corvette (built in Kentucky) all plated and insured here in Michigan. Thank you GM for your loyalty to your dedicated workers... NOT!